What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players we should target

typicalfan

Coach
And we develop heaps of young halves (so why would be buy some? We are already doing that they just never get to first grade level)... Or they get stolen by other clubs...
Because if a young half is stuck behind two established players you don't need to throw a lot of cash at them just the chance to play first grade. Beau Henry for example is behind two well established halves that are going nowhere. Means more money for your good young players. If McCrone or Herbert were any good there wouldn't be this discussion.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
We are targeting James Tamou from the Cowboys, thats a start i guess, he is a big unit, if Scott Logan retires, he will be a handy replacement.

But yeah we do need a halfback. The things that makes me laugh is, us Raiders fans know we need a genuine halfback, and fans of other NRL teams know the same thing, and they say it on other forums, gee the Raiders need a halfback, Campese needs help.

The best quote i heard after last weeks game was, the Raiders halfbacks couldn't organize a root in a brothel lol.

Timbo

Staff member
Everyone, every Raiders fan and every other clubs fan knows we need a halfback.

It's management that signs backrowers and centres every year. They're the only ones who don't see it.

Cryptic

Juniors
Well Finch might suddenly go cheap, maybe even a mid season transfer.. I mean who wants to play for a club which have a 100% chance of getting the wooden spoon and are a bunch of cheating pricks?

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't think he will go cheap as the Knights are definitely after him and he'll probably only take a major pay increase to come back to the Raiders.

Timbo

Staff member
Finch, Cronk, Slater or Cam Smith....

I imagine the Storm will be having a fire sale at some point.

legend

Coach
Break the bank and go for Cronk then we suddenly go from a crap side to a contender overnight.

Timbo

Staff member
Jesus H f**king Christ - Vossy just said we've nailed Jeff Lima on the Footy Show?

We need a hooker or a half but he's a gun, so fingers crossed!

shear_joy9

Coach
Jesus H f**king Christ - Vossy just said we've nailed Jeff Lima on the Footy Show?

We need a hooker or a half but he's a gun, so fingers crossed!

a gun? since when.

He's better than Thompson I'll give him that.
Logan, Shillington, Tilse > Lima

Timbo

Staff member
I would definitely prefer Smith or Cronk. But he's been a leading prop at the best team in the comp.

I would have him ahead of Tilse in anycase.

I would argue this argue this furthers the proof of management's shortsightedness.

We have props. We need a hooker or half.

Still, not turning my nose up at Lima.

shear_joy9

Coach
I would definitely prefer Smith or Cronk. But he's been a leading prop at the best team in the comp.

I would have him ahead of Tilse in anycase.

I would argue this argue this furthers the proof of management's shortsightedness.

We have props. We need a hooker or half.

Still, not turning my nose up at Lima.

at the right price I wouldn't say no either.

there's no way in the world canberra will get cronk or smith.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well hopefully they have enough to get a halfback/hooker as if they don't then that is just stupid as surely they can see Herbert and McCrone aren't the answer and Waddell is still young.

schnitzel

Juniors
It all starts with Craig Bellamy! Get him to the club at any price, coaches don't have salary caps! He is a green machine original. Then the players will follow.... Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk please! Get on the phone Donnie.... Dave Furner will have to settle for second fiddle :D

It all starts with Craig Bellamy! Get him to the club at any price, coaches don't have salary caps! He is a green machine original. Then the players will follow.... Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk please! Get on the phone Donnie.... Dave Furner will have to settle for second fiddle :D

His family lives in Brisbane. If anywhere he would go North to QLD

well

you need a veteran leader to steer a team around the paddock.

kimmorley is your man.

he fits like glue. your team is big. he kicks it down field. you pine em and in attack he directs play and campo chimes in when it suits.

him or finch

you dont need slater. Dugan is more than first grade standard IMO

Latest posts