What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who smoke

dubby

Bench
Do you know of any players in the habit?

It doesnt seem to be a huge issue in the game, unlike Warney who goes off when he is busted out!

Inferno

Coach
Jason Smith is rarely without a cigarette, just listen to his voice.

I think Peachey smokes as well, could be wrong.

willvillain

Juniors
A lot of the players have a dart or two when they are out on the piss. You'd be hardpressed to find more than 5 daily durry-munchers in the top grade these days though.

Farva

Juniors
Apparently Chris Beattie used to always light up straight after training at the Sharks. And apparently he was also the fittest guy at the club...

miccle

Bench
Apparently Locky is partial to a dart, but I won't confirm that because I haven't seen it myself!

petetheileet

First Grade
Iv seen Utai.....

Brad thorn has to be a chain smoker with his voice....

Any1 remember Gary Larson??? lol

Inferno said:
Jason Smith is rarely without a cigarette, just listen to his voice.

I think Peachey smokes as well, could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure jason smith's voice is mainly due to an elbow he got to the throat back in his canterbury playing days, atleast thats what he said in an interview on abc radio once. although he did admit he smoked aswell.

actually i think the same may apply to gary larson, i'm sure some bears fans would know.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Lockyer got hit in the larynx in a tackle when he was 19 or so ... apparentley according to his brother he didn't always sound like the cookie monster!

Wests is Best

Juniors
Sir Biffo said:
Lockyer got hit in the larynx in a tackle when he was 19 or so ... apparentley according to his brother he didn't always sound like the cookie monster!

I think a similar thing happened to Gary Larson in his younger days

Latest posts