What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players

harrywilliams

Juniors
You will very rarely get that amount of space in the NRL, absolutely no doubt he'd let in 10 tries for every try he'd score.

newyboy

Juniors
Like we have anyone that can tackle now.

If he can't tackle by the end of the year, get rid of him

We have kept certain players that are worse and will not draw crowds like someone with this guys ability will.

This guy is more athletic than anyone who has ever played rugby league.

I think he can learn to tackle. Hell, he just steps out of the way and runs them down from behind.

It will be interesting to see the effect Hayne has on the US and Rugby League. The US could spend as much money on League development as they wish if there was an audience for it. The interesting thing is they are fascinated by the game itself. It just requires somneone over there with the vision to make it happen. Soccer is massive there.

aqua_duck

Coach
It will be interesting to see the effect Hayne has on the US and Rugby League. The US could spend as much money on League development as they wish if there was an audience for it. The interesting thing is they are fascinated by the game itself. It just requires somneone over there with the vision to make it happen. Soccer is massive there.

It'll very hard because the athletes we'd want to be playing league would be the same athletes that are suited to American football. Compare soccer players and nfl players, completely different build and skillset and probably mentality too, for league you're lpoking for guys with speed, power, enough size and natural aggression, pretty much the same characteristics for american football, unfortunately NFL pays a lot more

newyboy

Juniors
It may just be me, but I love seeing fast players. Hell i even went to watch the trial match between Balmain and Wests at the stadium to see darren Clarke and he was a 400m runner.

Yes 7's is not enough, 10's would be great, get some real athletes playing the game. At the moment we have footballers and very average athletes.

Carlin Isles would get me back through the gate every week.

Last edited:

harrywilliams

Juniors
Rugby is pretty big over there too, there's many rugby teams throughout the high schools/universities in the US. For some reason League just doesn't catch on.

aqua_duck

Coach
It may just be me, but I love seeing fast players. Hell i even went to watch the trial match between Balmain and Wests at the stadium to see darren Clarke and he was a 400m runner.

Yes 7's is not enough, 10's would be great, get some real athletes playing the game. At the moment we have footballers and very average athletes.

Carlin Isles would get me back through the gate every week.

Whilst I agree about our need for better athletes, if you watch rugby 7s as opposed to YouTube clips you'll see the struggles Isles has, teams have figured him out, he doesn't even start for the USA, more of a bit part player, he simply can't match up physically against blokes who weigh 25-30kg more