What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

I’m speaking on behalf of the entire Knights organisation when I say we got dis.
Not actually sure if kidding or just deranged and delusional from the many years of prolonged and sustained mental anguish inflicted on us by the club. I'm leaning toward the latter...

I’m speaking on behalf of all rugby league supporters, boycott this farce of a game for 4 rounds to voice our opinion on referees getting things right
Not an entirely crazy idea. Tonight was an utter disgrace the way the officials made howler after howler trying to get Penrith into the game. Imagine a newcomer to the sport trying to make sense of the rules. They'd never watch another match. Something has to change.

RedVDave

First Grade
Easts went back to back it only makes sense for Storm to (unfortunately) do it as well.

Cameron Smith won't retire until he gets that elusive Clive Churchill medal.

Valheru

Coach
How about the other 14 clubs just get better?

I hate them but souths aren't far off it TBH. 6 prelim finals in 9 seasons for them. It has only translated to 1 premiership (and 1 GF) thus far but they are giving themselves a chance most years

Chimp

Juniors
Whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiments of the OP, and I hate the purple merkins for all the rubbish they’ve brought into the game over the years, and their bare face ignorance to the fact they had 2 sets of books, but you have to give them credit where it’s due - they are one phenomenal organisation.

Their level of consistency is something rarely seen in the sporting world - they’ve lost champion player after champion player, they rarely recruit ‘stars’ to replace them, they just develop another absolute weapon to take their spot - they are relentless. I’ve said before on other threads, I hate myself for allowing myself to have even an iota of respect for them, but they deserve it.
Look how many players go into that system as an average player, develop off the charts and become vital parts of their machine, then look how many look world beaters in their team, leave, and be bog average (Blair, Manu, Widdop etc etc) - they have got something very special there - just such a shame a large number of the most important individuals there are absolute merkins of the highest order.
For the first time ever though, they do have a few players now who are wonderful to watch, and actually seem quite likeable - Brandon Smith, Papenhuyzen, Welch....

And regardless of how plush their resort was, 5 months away from home, away from the extended family is a HUGE commitment, from both the players and their families - I don’t mind admitting that they well and truly deserved this one, and fair play to them, the fekking 2 contract, hidden boat, neck breaking, purple scum bar stewards....

Cull Sydney teams. Weighty ballast on the comp.
Dumb post. The last thing the NRL can afford to do is concede ground in Sydney to its rivals.

If you want to reduce the amount of teams in Sydney then make it worthwhile for 1 or 2 of the weaker clubs to relocate to regional NSW, Adelaide or Perth. That way the brand survives and, an under served area gains representation without increasing the pool of teams.

Someguy

First Grade
I’m speaking on behalf of all rugby league supporters, boycott this farce of a game for 4 rounds to voice our opinion on referees getting things right

Titans and warriors got a rough run with the refs at times this year. Souths, Newcastle and parra done pretty well, have to wonder how the titans would have done if they got the same rub of the green as Souths.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Dumb post. The last thing the NRL can afford to do is concede ground in Sydney to its rivals.

If you want to reduce the amount of teams in Sydney then make it worthwhile for 1 or 2 of the weaker clubs to relocate to regional NSW, Adelaide or Perth. That way the brand survives and, an under served area gains representation without increasing the pool of teams.

Thanks professor.

QtE4P24.jpg

How nice would it be if next year it came down to struggling teams who have had really rough times over the years.... Im looking in your direction Tigers, Titans and Warriors...
Wishful thinking though, you just know its gonna be the cap rorters again, and again and again and again.....

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe one or two of the suburban clubs who sit at the bottom of the pile should consider 'expanding' their brand to say, one or two of the state capital cities that lack NRL teams, and get some of that sweet sweet big city success.

Latest posts