What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please don't let league get as boring as Union!

Yngwie_70

Juniors
No. The constant Ref whistles during Yawnion scrums allows the poor old fat sods to wheeze after the effort of bending over.

Still, they don't have to bend as far as the far more agile athletes in the far more popular UK Pub Darts comp, who have to pick darts up off the ground!

It must give you great pleasure putting other sports down. However, this is the problem in league. Looking at things other than the game itself. You can blame the Vichy Govt, News Ltd, David Gallop, the referees, SBW, the city of Toulon, The Footy Show, Bert Newton, whatever but this kind of thinking takes your concentration away from making the game of RL better.

Why is there so much comparing League and Yawnion goin on in here? Two games with basic similarities but with very different structures and player types in forward personnel.

yawnion should get on with that crap game and League should continue to improve ours so that we remain light years ahead of that crap game they play in heaven (but make you watch for pennance).

I have a suggestion how about every time a yawnion troll post a new thread we just don't respond.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Why is there so much comparing League and Yawnion goin on in here? Two games with basic similarities but with very different structures and player types in forward personnel.

yawnion should get on with that crap game and League should continue to improve ours so that we remain light years ahead of that crap game they play in heaven (but make you watch for pennance).

I have a suggestion how about every time a yawnion troll post a new thread we just don't respond.

Mate, have you read the title of the thread!!!!!!!!!!

yes I have but what I am saying "mate" is there are numerous trolls starting them and it's bullshyte. I would rather see people like us talking specifically about league and not mentioning that game. IMO it feeds the trolls.

My post was not ment to offend you at all, but why cant we talk about our game without comparing anything to that grubby, continuous knock on, forward passing, line throwing tripe?

Cheezel

Juniors
Unlike league, a rugby scrum is hard work. Just because the scrum is a rest for league players, doesnt mean it is for rugby players.

:lol: Hard work......:lol: know your telling porkies :crazy: Hard work for the people watching the game in frustration is more like it!

shiznit

Coach
:lol: Hard work......:lol: know your telling porkies :crazy: Hard work for the people watching the game in frustration is more like it!
typical idiot australian view of the scrum.... mate... i get just as much joy from watching 2 strong scruming sides go head to head as i do watching the ball going wide....

watching Andy Sheridan from England destory the aussie scrum a couple of years ago was f**ken outstanding... he sent Baxter packing on a stretcher with a neckbrace on... and his replacement Dunning came on and got destroyed so badly that the ref had to send him off. Gregan asked him what why he sent him off and the ref replied..."what can i do... hes too weak..."

scrums are only frustrating when one side is useless.... ie one side is too weak and collapse the scrum on purpose so it negates the stronger scrum. its just sad that it seems to be aussies that resort to this instead of building a good scrum...

Cheezel

Juniors
typical idiot australian view of the scrum.... mate... i get just as much joy from watching 2 strong scruming sides go head to head as i do watching the ball going wide....

watching Andy Sheridan from England destory the aussie scrum a couple of years ago was f**ken outstanding... he sent Baxter packing on a stretcher with a neckbrace on... and his replacement Dunning came on and got destroyed so badly that the ref had to send him off. Gregan asked him what why he sent him off and the ref replied..."what can i do... hes too weak..."

scrums are only frustrating when one side is useless.... ie one side is too weak and collapse the scrum on purpose so it negates the stronger scrum. its just sad that it seems to be aussies that resort to this instead of building a good scrum...

Mate....the rugby scrum is a big mess that slows that game down as the ref blows penalties all the time. Coming from England I assume you like watching NH rugby where try's are at a premium and penalty kicks are the norm.

No wonder the Super League is going big guns up there!

hutch

First Grade
Unlike league, a rugby scrum is hard work. Just because the scrum is a rest for league players, doesnt mean it is for rugby players.

its a 2 minute break for everyone else though, and the result is exactly the same. in both codes, the team feeding the scrum wins 99% of the time.
you can watch your dvd's of highlights of your 100 greatest scrums, while we watch highlights of our 100 greatest tries!

Parra

Referee
The validity of the scrums is not the issue. Rugby is plagued by scrums being reset and arcane, inconsistent scrum penalties. League, for some equally arcane reason, has reintroduced scrum infringments in 2008. Bad move. It seems to have calmed down a bit - so we can assume that refs got the message.

Latest posts