What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please don't listen to Phil Gould

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Firstly, he wants teams to be allowed to be offside in the opposition 20. Then he thinks markers not being square is OK.

But the real problem is that Parramatta will listen to his negative tactics that he thinks all teams should play with. The problem with Sunday is there was still not enough players supporting the ball. The offloads were an improvement. What is required is someone to be running it hard off the second phase. Or when in the opposition 20 to be move straight and angled runners as options.

At 6-6 we had the ball on their line and no one wanted to run it hard or provide the ball players with options. They score and we start playing catchup footy.

I pray that someone at the Eels gets the message that 5 hitups and kick is not the way to play for us. Several times it happened and we got monstered.

The difference with other teams is they have bodies in motion and they look to get the ball to the edge of the ruck with runners giving options, we hit up like under 6's. Pass it to someone and they try and do it all themselves.

We have a good enough side but the tactics are all wrong.

Joely01

Bench
We really are missing grothes runs getting us out of trouble from our own end, you really start to notice the small things players do when they are out.

strider

Post Whore
yeah .... when we are going well, we have players running without the ball - when we aren't we are as predictable as all hell

our backline was running, but they were getting the ball 4 metres behind the guy passing to them - the defence has so much time to pick the guy who's getting the ball

Stagger eel

Staff member
geez didn't Gould take great pleasure in seeing us struggle..

for some reason the guy hates us, not sure what we've done to him.

Suitman

Post Whore

I disagree. I think Gould is honestly disappointed that we aren't doing well considering the playing roster we have.
Maybe sometimes, the truth hurts.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Sideways, sideways, sideways, kick.

There was a lot of truth in that.

Sadly we are being judged on yesterdays game notwithstanding that we had Hayne, Mannah, Poore, Smith & Tahu out. Oh well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I disagree. I think Gould is honestly disappointed that we aren't doing well considering the playing roster we have.

Suity

i think the truth is that we've always been a sh*t side who had a 3 month golden run on the back of 1 bloke...

the truth does hurt but at the same time I'm completely surprised at the form.

fish eel

Immortal
Quite often, Gus has been on the money with some of his criticisms of our side.

One thing that struck me that Gus said was when we were attacking it just passing from one side of the field top the other. Sideways, nobody going forward. It's just not threatening.

We have no depth in attack whatsoever. Even the try we scored, if you watch it, it's just catch and pass. Catch and pass. That only result in a try because Inu ran out of space and was forced to kick.

Sure, we have problems in the halves, but I would have thought such a stagnant structure in attack was something that could be coached? Stand deeper. Run onto the ball at pace etc and force the defence to make decisions? It was really noticable the week before against the Broncs when we were just flat footed whereas they were deeper and in motion.

Kornstar

Coach
Quite often, Gus has been on the money with some of his criticisms of our side.

One thing that struck me that Gus said was when we were attacking it just passing from one side of the field top the other. Sideways, nobody going forward. It's just not threatening.

We have no depth in attack whatsoever. Even the try we scored, if you watch it, it's just catch and pass. Catch and pass. That only result in a try because Inu ran out of space and was forced to kick.

Sure, we have problems in the halves, but I would have thought such a stagnant structure in attack was something that could be coached? Stand deeper. Run onto the ball at pace etc and force the defence to make decisions? It was really noticable the week before against the Broncs when we were just flat footed whereas they were deeper and in motion.

We are just unfit imo, Warriors upped their enthusiasm and we couldn't go with them, it was pathetic, we are pathetic!

Clean out, it is long overdue and should have been done when Anderson arrived. The players he has started but the trainers etc. Are still there......move them all on, no matter how nice and wonderful people they are!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Suity
As much as i hate to say it Gould has
been spot on with his assesment if us as a team. Soft and mentally week when the
going gets tough somes us up to a tee.

The Engineers Room

First Grade

He went to a high school in the Parramatta district, maybe Parramatta officials rejected him.

But seriously he hates Parramatta and is always trying to find fault and talking them down. He talks about grinding, but that is not how we should play.

we missed Ben Smith.
We missed Hayne, Mannah, Poore, Tahu, Grothe etc etc.
We had a lot out, i upset that Ando used that sloth Manokofoua instead of blooding a young guy like Allgood or O'Hanlon.

Gronk

Staff member
we missed Ben Smith.
We missed Hayne, Mannah, Poore, Tahu, Grothe etc etc.
We had a lot out, i upset that Ando used that sloth Manokofoua instead of blooding a young guy like Allgood or O'Hanlon.

If Allgood was ready, they would not have bought Many. You would have played O'Hanlon instead of Oak ?

fish eel

Immortal
we had a lot out but the warriors were missing a few big names and had a pretty young side. no excuses.

no i would played ethier one instead of Manokof**ka. O'Hanlon is a back rower or lock but he would have made more penitration than that other sloth

Stagger eel

Staff member
He went to a high school in the Parramatta district, maybe Parramatta officials rejected him.

But seriously he hates Parramatta and is always trying to find fault and talking them down. He talks about grinding, but that is not how we should play.

there's absolutely no doubt he was telling the truth, we're a rabble at best and we have no options in attack and we may not win a nother game this year..

I just think he takes great delight in telling us.