What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please explain...

When the mighty jets of Newtown run on the field on Sunday,and the event is televised for all to see.....how embarassed will the NSWRL board members of 1983 be?
They will scratch their heads and think " how did those bastards get back here? didn't we all combine to get rid of them 20 years ago?"

How will John Marsden explain to his grand kids when they ask " who are these guys dressed in blue,Grandad?"

Anyway,screw those backstabbing idiots, I'd like to pay tribute to a man responsible for keeping the jets alive ,a true bluebag Mr Frank Farrington.

This sunday represents what must have felt like an impossible dream to Mr Farrington in those bleak years.

Newtown is coming,hear the bluebags hummin,

bluebag43

Juniors
Yes that Judas died!

Singo had arranged Newtown to move to Campbelltown and right at the last minute Mr Marsden reneged!

I hope Quayle and Arthurson are watching as they were right behind the "Night of the Long Knives"

Also, given Marsden's sexual preferences ("like a lolly, little boy?") it's rather unlikely he was ever going to have any grandkids - of his own, that is.

He doubtless had many other folks' grandsons in a manner of speaking...

2 True Blues said:
:BDH: :BDH: :BDH:

I don't recall him ever being accused of doing anything S&M with dead livestock, but hey, I wouldn't put it past him.

I still recall Singo's comment in his speech at the 2000 season launch: "Here we are, about to start our first season of First Division -the highest level of football that Newtown's played in since John Marsden did to us what he did to so many other little boys..."

I asked him later whether he wasn't concerned that Marsden would sue him for saying this in public (as Marsden was then doing to Channel Seven for their program revealing his despicable past activities) and he said:

"I hope he does. I'm more than happy to take him on in court."

Yes, I know i'm indeed flogging a dead horse - I know it's all an old story, but one that Jets fans should care very much about.

Most especially the fact that Arko & Quayle were very eager to team up with this piece of filth to get rid of the Bags in '83. What their inducements to him were to change his tune would be anyone's guess.

Never make the mistake of believing that anyone in the league admin is out for anyone but themselves.

It was our administration's belief in the league's intrinsic "fairness" that was our undoing in '83 more than anything else. That's why it's worth continuing to flog this old, dead horse...