What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach
They could just add
”an unnamed club administrator”
” a player under anonymity”
” a source at the club said”

and be just like real journos lol
Except they are wrong every time, mainly due to the fact they are going of gut instinct and pub test jargon, not any credible sources

MugaB

Coach
Oh shit, Matt is Mugas alt. They are the only 2 people dumb enough to think news ltd journos don't just make shit up.
Yes that would be hilarious, to solve all the alt issues we have at a random league forum, 2 folk that share a similar opinion...
... wow maxipad is a fkin genius

Go ahead and prove who the alts are

The Great Dane

First Grade
In the state of the world in 2024.

Saying anyone "deserves" something is laughably ignorant
Yeah it's at best a naive thing to say.

In the context of NRL expansion generally all saying X place "deserves" a side does is signal that you don't understand how free market capitalism works. You may think PNG, or any number of other examples, deserves a side but that doesn't change the fact that it makes no commercial sense whatsoever.

Brian potter

Bench
I think there is a wrong perception outside of PNG that the Hunters were created to solely place PNG players into the NRL. And yes so far Justin Olam has been the only one. And if not for the death of Kato Otio maybe even 2.

And though that was the ultimate goal, it was also an avenue for the PNGRFL to send PNG players out of the country to better themselves else where and anywhere.
We now have PNG players in Australia ,England, France and even the Cook Islands.
There are now QCUP Clubs in Austalia going direct to the Digicel Cup for players.
Same with some Cubs in England and France.
Young gun jokadi Bire was a dead cert for the NRL had he not had to retire from the game on medical grounds.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Any Random moron can post on Roar, gotta be a registered moron working for either news ltd or telegraph etc to actually give proper scoops, none of them is worth shit, but atleast the guys in power speak to the registered morons, Roar is fictional bullshìt

smh

Matt_CBY

Juniors
will you just sht the f**k up about IP's, this is an expansion discussion not whose a dckhead alt.
Concerned are we?

I’ll stop mentioning it when the losers without a life who’ve have spent years of their lives arguing with one another stop accusing me of being an alt. I’m providing the proof.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Concerned are we?

I’ll stop mentioning it when the losers without a life who’ve have spent years of their lives arguing with one another stop accusing me of being an alt. I’m providing the proof.
Where's this proof goose? You were going to reveal it. Seems like everything else in your life you've got nothin.

Canard

Immortal
Concerned are we?

Here is my IP address:

S.U.C.K.M.Y.FA.RT

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Here is my IP address:

S.U.C.K.M.Y.FA.RT
1) You can’t suck on a gas
2) You forgot the . Between the R & T.

Imagine going to such an effort to fail spectacularly on an overall average post to begin with.

It’s really telling who is reacting angrily to this. The alts are outing themselves.

shewi6

Juniors
Does anyone think PNG has a hope in hell of getting an NRL licence?

I don't.

If it does then the trouble it will cause will be unlike anything the game has ever seen.
Under normal circumstances? Absolutely not!

I fear that 600M might be a big enough carrot to blind people to the realities of the challenges a png team creates.

We know clubs history and self interest, so if they stand to benefit 2M a year as has been reported then I do fear that a png club could come in.

If it does, I just hope it is not as team 18 as I believe other bids are more worthy and if they are to come later maybe people will sober up and realise it is not a good idea.

MugaB

Coach
Under normal circumstances? Absolutely not!

I fear that 600M might be a big enough carrot to blind people to the realities of the challenges a png team creates.

We know clubs history and self interest, so if they stand to benefit 2M a year as has been reported then I do fear that a png club could come in.

If it does, I just hope it is not as team 18 as I believe other bids are more worthy and if they are to come later maybe people will sober up and realise it is not a good idea.
The only reason numbnuts brings it up is he is worried the his local East Brisbane Logan tigers won't get a licence ahead of Perth, chch and PNG, so slinging shìt on png (even with the massive influx of fed funds) basically guarantees them a spot regardless of which of the 18th,19th or 20th they nominate them, also dumb enough to think they would give the east tigers a licence soon especially when the dolphins just got in

Maximus

Coach

Them asking for the annual payment seems to be what has killed the bid.

If the NRL is only getting $50m for the licence, but having to pay out $170m, then any financial benefits are gone. If the NRL goes to the govt and says actually we need a third of the total funding so we can bribe the clubs, the govt says no.