What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Pneuma

First Grade
Anyone who genuinely thinks expanding to Tassie is remotely comparable to expanding to PNG can be safely ignored IMO.
The markets too small for anything other than the basketball side. Population spread is unfriendly for anything else.

Jamberoo

Juniors
The markets too small for anything other than the basketball side. Population spread is unfriendly for anything else.
How do you think it compares to NQ in Townsville, which has a 20% smaller population than Hobart, and a much more sparse population spread?

Pneuma

First Grade
How do you think it compares to NQ in Townsville, which has a 20% smaller population than Hobart, and a much more sparse population spread?
Did 66% of the QLDers oppose the stadium?
Did the NRL blackmail the qld government with unreasonable terms demanding the stadium be built?
Did 30000 people sign a petition opposing the stadium?
Did the qld government lose its majority because of the stadium?
Was there a rally with thousands of people in attendance opposing the stadium?
Did two parties oppose the stadium?

I could go on but you know better than me because you know because!

Jamberoo

Juniors
Did 66% of the QLDers oppose the stadium?
Did the NRL blackmail the qld government with unreasonable terms demanding the stadium be built?
Did 30000 people sign a petition opposing the stadium?
Did the qld government lose its majority because of the stadium?
Was there a rally with thousands of people in attendance opposing the stadium?
Did two parties oppose the stadium?

I could go on but you know better than me because you know because!
Ok, so you don’t think it will proceed, which is may not. But if it does, do you really think the people of Tasmania won’t get behind it?

Pneuma

First Grade
Ok, so you don’t think it will proceed, which is may not. But if it does, do you really think the people of Tasmania won’t get behind it?
Try reading my response. We’ve expressed our opinion clearly. You just don’t like it.

westerntiger

Juniors
Lions are viable - higher crowds, sponsorship, and revenue than all NRL clubs other than the Broncos. Tas will be the AFL equivalent of NQ and will be viable. Suns maybe not and Giants are obviously a disaster, but if the NRL puts a team in PNG it will be by far the craziest and stupidest thing any Australian sport has done. Ever. By a mile. Surely this is simply another one of PVL’s headline grabbers, like second team in Melbourne. This cannot be serious.
it's why we need idiots like Albo and the federal govt to butt out of our sport

MugaB

Coach
Anyway, back to PNG. Do people think they will be able to attract many top players?
Depends on the coach and the area its based in,
It won't be IN png, its why cairns had been thrown up
Phil gould spoke glowinly about his time spent there, back in 2015 or 16 taking panthers games there for pre season run outs, on his last podcast.
It was pretty eye opening, and he mentioned he had accessibility for a chopper to fly directly to Cairns, if there was a need for a hospital for any injured players

Last edited:

Latest posts