What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Justin Olam not very welcoming of the appointment.

457148246_2527261557461610_471673517894336542_n.jpg

I’d like to see the Port Moresby Vipers brand which formerly played in the Qld Cup (1996) and is still one of the stronger Digicel Cup teams be the main candidate to transfer their brand into the NRL (if they don’t go for an entirely new brand).

Not sure how it would fare with other local clubs and their supporter bases but it’s a unique brand with a history of playing in Australia. I’d personally keep the Hunters to the current QLD Cup as the reserves.

Current logo and one I saw on FB attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4555.jpeg
    IMG_4555.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4554.jpeg
    IMG_4554.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

mikail-eagle

Bench
I’d like to see the Port Moresby Vipers brand which formerly played in the Qld Cup (1996) and is still one of the stronger Digicel Cup teams be the main candidate to transfer their brand into the NRL (if they don’t go for an entirely new brand).

Not sure how it would fare with other local clubs and their supporter bases but it’s a unique brand with a history of playing in Australia. I’d personally keep the Hunters to the current QLD Cup as the reserves.

I don't mind it myself but the highlighted bit from what you wrote is the reason it will never happen.
It will be opposed by every Digicel Cup club and by all 22 Provinces in PNG.

MugaB

Coach
I don't mind it myself but the highlighted bit from what you wrote is the reason it will never happen.
It will be opposed by every Digicel Cup club and by all 22 Provinces in PNG.
Why not create a new brand to have everyone united behind... but have it be another form of snake... (not viper)
The BRL had the Broncos,
....PNG can have the Taipans?