What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

flippikat

Bench
We need 22 teams 2 conferences
* NRL announces Western Bears (team 18, 2027) & PNG (team 19, 2028) next month - and says "We're holding off a decision on team 20 for now."

* 2025-26 the NRL sees a game per year in Wellington, Christchurch & Adelaide, as well as the annual game in Perth that's gearing up for their own club.

* 2027, NRL calls for bids on team 20 - bids due by middle of the year, decision late in the year for a team debuting in 2030 or 2031.

* October 2027, the NRL surprises everyone by picking 3 expansion bids as teams 20, 21 and 22.. with a staggered entry between the early and mid 2030s.

I wonder the name of the new club? Papua Vipers?
An Ex-Pat who is over there says some people are trying to push Scorpions/Stingers but I’m not sure on the validity of this. Vipers to me is the best choice but unsure if the clubs in the national comp would appreciate the NRL team being named after the Port Moresby team.

T to the T

Juniors
Wasn't the money going to be spent on overseas aid anyway?

* NRL announces Western Bears (team 18, 2027) & PNG (team 19, 2028) next month - and says "We're holding off a decision on team 20 for now."

* 2025-26 the NRL sees a game per year in Wellington, Christchurch & Adelaide, as well as the annual game in Perth that's gearing up for their own club.

* 2027, NRL calls for bids on team 20 - bids due by middle of the year, decision late in the year for a team debuting in 2030 or 2031.

* October 2027, the NRL surprises everyone by picking 3 expansion bids as teams 20, 21 and 22.. with a staggered entry between the early and mid 2030s.

#20/21 NZ2 or Brisbane 3. If Qld Gov't commit to upgrading Lang Park, give them #20 in time for the 2032 Olympics
#22 Adelaide

I think it's save to say then that the NRL will be future proofed for decades to come then.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
$600million? From the Australian Government? For an overseas club? Sigh........

could have gone to much better things but could have bought half a submarine as well I suppose. Govts love to waste our money.

Calm down. It's out of the foreign aid budget which is nearly $5bil a year. $60mil a year is nothing to help our neighbour buy in to the greatest rugby comp in the world

Latest posts