What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pokemon Go

Danish

Referee
The amount of people I see wandering around NY looking for Pokemon is pretty damned funny. Had a couple banging on the gate of our private dog park wanting in to get to some character hiding up the back.

I hear they will be attempting to monetise it pretty soon - offering businesses the ability to sponsor rare Pokemon ("buy X from Y store and receive a rare whatever!" Type shit) - which will undoubtedly ruin it.

Oh, and what's the countdown to a kid being kidnapped after following a beacon set by some pedo? Already have teens robbing people in various US cities using this method

Caped Crusader

Juniors
The man in the mirror is disgusted in me

Think a couple of princesses in here need to take a neurofen and have a cup of herbal tea though

Last edited:

DB

First Grade
The man in the mirror is disgusted in me

Think a couple of princesses in here need to take a neurofen and have a cup of herbal tea though

I think you need to build a bridge, and get over it... maybe a bridge made out of lego

Caped Crusader

Juniors
It's been hilarious watching men project their own insecurities on people over Pokemon Go. How insecure about yourself do you need to be to criticise someone for doing something healthy, that they enjoy?
Dunno, probably about as insecure as you'd have to be to care about something some random said on an Internet forum I guess

bileduct

Coach
I don't give a shit about Pokemon but the concept of this game certainly is intriguing.

With plenty of clones on the way it will be interesting to see how the social aspect of this game is managed. There's already plenty of stories about people wandering onto strangers properties, being hit on by other players, getting mugged, etc.

I'm sure it won't be too long before businesses start hooking into this, like rare Pokemon only at JB Hi-Fi!

DB

First Grade
Any grown man playing this game needs to take a look in the mirror

There's a military coup in Turkey, Terrorist attacks in France, and America is f**ked, yet you're complaining about a game that gets people outside..... Geez, you need a hatef**k.

McLovin

Staff member
Thanks to my piece of shit incompatible Samsung phone, i'll never play this...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't give a shit about Pokemon but the concept of this game certainly is intriguing.

With plenty of clones on the way it will be interesting to see how the social aspect of this game is managed. There's already plenty of stories about people wandering onto strangers properties, being hit on by other players, getting mugged, etc.

I'm sure it won't be too long before businesses start hooking into this, like rare Pokemon only at JB Hi-Fi!

Must admit this is the part that interested me. I'm always fascinated when something new comes along and wanted to get a close look at how it works.

Businesses are already trying to cash in apparently by using lures near their shops to bring people in. Cost less than $2 and people come flocking. lol.

As for pokemon and this game, they're a bit like cheap date, if I come across one I'll throw a ball at it, but I haven't gone looking too much.

Did almost run up the back of some dickhead who parked himself on a roundabout to catch a pokemon though.

Rhyno

First Grade
Just set this up for my nephew to play on my phone caught 6 of them inside the house in about 30mins

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Thanks to my piece of shit incompatible Samsung phone, i'll never play this...

My phone was incompatible
I run a Galaxy S3 and highest Android available is 4.3, Pokemon Go needs 4.4 or higher.
I ended up getting a bit cheeky and rooting my phone and putting Android 6 (marshmallow) on it, works a charm!

I'm 28 and I LOVE this game. I don't care if i look stupid or if its meant for kids. I see more people in my age bracket playing than kids anyway. Got myself a Lickitung and a Drowzee yesterday! Just gone level 5 so im still new and learning.

Anyone saying grown men should take a look in the mirror is an ass. You can't criticize people for having fun, doing what they enjoy and getting out! The ones who should look in the mirror are those exact people, the ones criticizing. Pokemon Go won't be everyone's cuppa tea, and that's fine. People like myself who are approaching 30 will still enjoy the game and that's fine too.

I'll be hanging out with my friends tonight having a good time in a well-known pokemon spot and enjoying my time.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Just set this up for my nephew to play on my phone caught 6 of them inside the house in about 30mins

My wife keeps finding the bloody things inside! I don't have as much luck as she does inside the house, but if we're walking together, generally I get the better luck. Odd (or Oddish) how it works that way!