What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponting plays with illegal bat.

ozbash

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
Sangas is the same as Mike Hussey's so yes it has graphite on the back. Im not sure why Ozbash thinks we should hand the trophy to sri lanka seeing as their best 2 batsmen use the supposed illegal bats too.

neither do i. i hadnt had breakfast ? still, it would be nice.

it's Einstein thats the aussie version. nz spells alberts name correctly.

why would kookaburra make and give out illegal bats ? must be a huge company, you,d think theyd check first. guess its cost them a few bob.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
ozbash said:
why would kookaburra make and give out illegal bats ? must be a huge company, you,d think theyd check first. guess its cost them a few bob.

Because it was only when over in England the Poms decided to make a stink about it to the MCC that anything was even looked at.

The bat had been approved by the MCC for use throughout the Ashes series right the way through the summer of cricket we have just had in Australia

The decision has been reviewed and the bat is now deemed a breach of the laws something up until today it hadn't been by the same governing body

I'm curious as to how they think it can improve a players batting ability and decrease the chance of a batter getting out, it appears to be within all the designated and general specifications the cricket govening body allows but all of a sudden an Aussie scores a heap of runs and well they think the bat is doing it all for him

IanG

Coach
Sheesh the MCC Irritate me. Bunch of conservitive wowsers who probably never played a game of cricket in their lives. How come they've never bellyached about Coloured Clothing and White balls. Even thoughit's scientifically proven that a white ball swings more than a red one does.

As it is I don't think there'll be a day/nighter at Lords in my life time. Quite frankly I think there are more pressing issues in cricket at the moment than a sticker on a bat

TheParraboy

Staff member
What an absolute disgrace

Pontings record should be whiped from the universe
He should be given a life ban, if not death penalty

The ICC is never wrong, they never show favouritism, and any rule changes that occur is simply for the better of the game, not for any individual.

Ponting has shamed the world and the game of cricket. It is now proven he actually has no ability whatsoever. I also think Ponting bats with a deformed wrist , giving him extra advantage for those pull shots through midwicket and those flicks off his pads. And come to think of it, I think his helmet is illegal too, its 2 mm thicker than what is allowed. And since were at it I know a friend from a friend who knows the people who live next to the people who make cricket pads, and guess what?? !!, Pontings pads have this chemically enhanced repelant inbuilt that makes the ball repel away from his pads, hence he rarely is lbw. An absolute disgrace he has been able to get away with it thus far.

Sack him immediately, life ban please

:roll:

aqua_duck

Coach
TheParraboy said:

The ICC is never wrong, they never show favouritism, and any rule changes that occur is simply for the better of the game, not for any individual.

Ponting has shamed the world and the game of cricket. It is now proven he actually has no ability whatsoever. I also think Ponting bats with a deformed wrist , giving him extra advantage for those pull shots through midwicket and those flicks off his pads. And come to think of it, I think his helmet is illegal too, its 2 mm thicker than what is allowed. And since were at it I know a friend from a friend who knows the people who live next to the people who make cricket pads, and guess what?? !!, Pontings pads have this chemically enhanced repelant inbuilt that makes the ball repel away from his pads, hence he rarely is lbw. An absolute disgrace he has been able to get away with it thus far.

Too bad he's not Murali

NPK

Bench
TheParraboy said:

:lol:

JoeD

First Grade
I don't see how it could be advantages in any way.
anybody got an answer to this? i'm sure kookaburra didn't put it there by accident. why is it there if not to give an advantage?

El Diablo

Post Whore
JoeD said:
anybody got an answer to this? i'm sure kookaburra didn't put it there by accident. why is it there if not to give an advantage?

so the bat lasts longer

have you not read any recent articles?

STEVE R

Juniors
Firstly "ozbash", I apologise for my typo!!
I was unaware that the "Spelling Police" were out and about.

Secondly, these bats have been deemed LEGAL for "Domestic Cricket", and yet are not allowed in Ineternationals. Does anyone know how this works?

Thirdly, the "illegal" part of the bat is the black 'sticker' on the back. It really is little more than a sticker. You can basically roll the thing up before it's put on the bat. I can hardly see how it would give the bat more power or whatever the MCC have claimed it does. They should now ban the "Duratek" that some batsman put on the front of their bats too.

It looks to me as though the MCC (who make the laws of the game), aren't keen on the fact that the back of the bat is predominantly black with bright colouring. There were whispers when the bats first came out that they didn't feel that the stickers were appropriate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
so the studies by scientists should be overlooked because some webmaster made a typo?

fair dinkum

shiznit

Coach
OHHH sh*t!!
now we know why ponting has been so good.
hes been cheating!! bloody cheating aussies!!

Seriously though...
who cares. at the end of the day it doesnt really mean squat. with the indian cricket on a power trip at present i think stickers on bats are probably the last thing they should be worried about. but in true ICC style they will make a huge fuss about this while they ignore the real issues.