What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponting says batting "no where near good enough"

aussies1st

Staff member
Doesn't sound like he'll be keeping the captaincy in the Test arena if he stays. Got CA backtracking after the leak and Hilditch saying hes safe for a few months yet. Same thing was said to Hauritz and we know what happened to him.

jayceen

Juniors
Ricky needs to step down as captain and then if his form is just as poor as it is ATM he should go and give younger less arrogant players a chance. Someone had to lose their spot for Ricky when he first made the team.

Red Bear

Referee
Was good to see him go out and pace his innings. He really played himself in, rather than trying to be agressive from the start, and seemed to put the hook and pull away to an extent. He was helped by the slower pitch I feel but was a very good knock.

Doesnt answer all the questions, because he didnt face any genuine pace, which has been a big issue of late (getting rushed), but still well batted.

Hopefully if he stays on he takes note oh how he played this knock, and also drops down the test order. Remember he got that double ton against the paki's, yet that has been just a positive blip in an otherwise long slow demise over the past 18 months or so. He really needs play himself in work on playing himself in if he is too prolong his career.

I still have huge reservations over him in test cricket, but I was very happy to see him bat so well today

yappy

Bench
Very happy for Ricky to get a ton, but it should be a nice ending to his career rather than a career saver.

Matt23

Staff member
Hopefully Cameron White's card is now stamped.
With Sutherland, Nielson & Ponting still there will always be a spot for Captain Victorian
*waits for a Victorian to say "But Smith", Steve Smith does not come in at 4/5 and bat like a snail.

Latest posts