What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

poor graphics??

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
i really do like the game but does anyone think the graphics and gameplay are a bit rough compared to other sports titles by ea sports etc?

i own the xbox version-not sure what the other are like.

Also does anyone have the cheats for the xbox version?? cant seem to locate them on google.

[furrycat]

Coach
EA Sports use all their budget on graphics and have no gameplay.

Sidhe had a small budget, and did fairly good graphics and gameplay for budget they had to work with... it'll get better as time goes by.

Timmo

Juniors
Take a look at the new Cricket game... there's your answer. Take a look at Rugby2004... ditto.

The graphics in Rugby League are superb. A friend of mine greatly dispised the crowd graphics.. I agree that the crowd is fairly budget looking.

[furrycat]

Coach
I agree... The PC Version of graphics is outstanding. But you can't expect graphics to be as good as the PC on a console.

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
just a few quotes from a gamespot review ive read in regards to graphics and gameplay/A.I.

"Rugby League runs on the Renderware engine, and like EA's Rugby 2004, this gives the players a certain quantity of realistic animation but extremely flat and mostly emotionless faces. Developers Sidhe have covered for this to a certain extent, as all of the actually playable angles are from a quite high perspective, which covers up some of the more glaring clipping and animation boo-boos quite effectively. If you're looking for a completely realistic visual simulation of your favourite team, Rugby League is quite, quite far from it. There are only a few instances, though, where the choppy visuals really affect play; most notably is the fact that you can run through the middle of a completed scrum, which, quite frankly, looks ridiculous."

"In single player mode, Rugby League isn't that strong a title, primarily because the computer AI commits some quite stunning blunders"

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
I dont mind the EA soccer and basketball games both graphics and playability wise so i hope EA take the hint from the massive pre-orders and sales and...

GIVE US MORE LEAGUE ON XBOX!!

Alan Shore

First Grade
EA Sports aren't actually much chop. Everybody keeps referring to them but fact is EA are one of the worst developers.

Graphics are pretty good - crowds are average but only FIFA 2003 has decent crowds - Rugby Leaue blows every other game out of the water though when it comes to the actual stadiums - for example you can even see the surrounding scenery, including the National Tennis Centre and melbourne Olympic Park!

Anonymous

Juniors
The FIFA games are at best on a par with Rugby League, the gameplay is still nowhere near the mark. PES3 is where it's at, and rugby league is a very solid effort. The official Aussie PS2 mag gave it 8/10 and the X-Box mag gave it 7.6 (and the main complaint was actually the graphics- I've hardly seen a bad word said about the gameplay.)

Anonymous

Juniors
Am I the only person in the world who isn't overly worried about graphics??

These days graphics have reached a point where they are almost always functional. I certainly don't think Rugby League's graphics detract from the game, so who cares?

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
Ive seen a few EA SOCCER AND BASKETBALL GAMES that SH*T all over rugby league 2004 graphics and playability wise-but as i said prev its still great to be able to play league on yr console/pc

supersoniceagle

Juniors
the fifa/nba/madden/nhl series are all awesome in my opinion. But of course these are games that have been developed over many years

[furrycat]

Coach
DE LIONCOURT said:
Ive seen a few EA SOCCER AND BASKETBALL GAMES that SH*T all over rugby league 2004 graphics and playability wise-but as i said prev its still great to be able to play league on yr console/pc

And how long have EA been making games and making money? I thought so...

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
i dont really care how long they've been going for-id like them to try their hand at a league game if it meant a better game.

Blunty

Juniors
no offense De Lioncourt but you are highly disillusioned. Any rugby game that EA has gone near they have stuffed big time. No matter how well they do American sports, I wan Sidhe to be making the next league game. All it needs is a touch up and a career mode, because the gameplay is killer in my oppinion. If you don't like the gamke don't play it, but stop bad mouthing it on this forum just go away.

DE LIONCOURT

Juniors
im not bad mouthing anything- i dont mind the game at all.in fact on several instances in this thread ive voiced my fondness for the game (if youd bother to read the whole thread.....)

all im saying is i felt the graphics and gameplay were a bit ruff compared to other titles of ea sports-namely basketball and soccer titles.

Blunty-i wont go away,i will voice my opinions just as u have.

in fact..get stuffed blunty! ;-)

Rockn

Juniors
Good call De Lion. I suggest turning the brightness up on your TV (if you haven't already), at least it's easier to tell who's who! (I don't usually like a bright TV, it doesn't go well with bloodshot eyes :D )

Anonymous

Juniors
EA are vastly overrated, Shane Warne Cricket is still better than any of their cricket games, Jonah Lomu Rugby and NRL are both better than any of their rugby games, and even after so many years FIFA doesn't come within a million miles of PES.

Latest posts