What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Port trial against Newcastle

mxlegend99

Referee
Final score was an 18 all draw. Apparently Flash looked really sharp in the game too... which doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm confident by Round 1 he'll be our best and most consistent back yet again.

phillybob

Juniors
Does anybody have any info about the NYC and windsor trials tomorrow?
I know they are at toronto,not sure on times

Big Mick

Referee
Final score was an 18 all draw. Apparently Flash looked really sharp in the game too... which doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm confident by Round 1 he'll be our best and most consistent back yet again.

Hope so.

Heard he pulled up a little sore. But that is to be expected.

Given both Coote's and Gordon's injury history over the last few years I'd expect both to play fullback at some point this year but.

murraymob

Coach
the newsastle paper in there match report say jennings got reported for a throw anyone know how bad the throw was

franklin2323

Immortal
Observations, standouts?

We were very strong in defence they had plenty of ball & we kept them out. No one really stood up for the last 2 backline places.

Gordon & Coote both looked good but underdone. Gordon may not be right for this week. He was limping bigtime after the game, probably just a knock so should be fine come round 1 but with 6 days until the next game that might be too much too soon.

Hard to tell about our attack most of our certainties only played 40mins & it was very wet but all looked pretty good. Walsh threw less hospital passes and a few runs, Burns actually took a few kicks & passes over Walsh so they looked promising but need to keep up that work. Austin was outstanding I know the club is trying to hold him back but if fit he has to be a certainty for Round 1 even if off the bench.

MrPanther

Juniors
Thanks for your observations about the trial against Newcastle Franklin but I was taken aback by your statement that the club is trying to hold back Blake Austin. I have suspected this for some time. Would you care to elaborate.