What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positional depth for 2005

Bib

Juniors
I know recruitment isnt finished, but i thought i would go through all the positions and come up with the players that could fill those psotions

Bold means my first choice

1. Fullback: Hodgson Greally, Fitzhenry, Miles (if he is re-signed

2. Wing: Richards, Collis, Mcgunniess, duffy, pethybridge, miles (as above), Fitzhenry, elford (desperate), Brett Kelly, Luke Issaka THIS POSITION CONCERNS ME

3. Centre: Elford, Whaturia, Haletau,, Fitzhenry, Marshall, Wilson (Plenty of depth)

4. 5/8th: Marshall, Renyolds, Saffy, Brannigan, maybe beuttner

5. Halfback: Prince, Kerr, Brannigan

6. Prop: Skando Payten Laffarnchi, Patterson, Merideth,Gibbs,Lima,Small, and maybe stapleton

7. Hooker: mears Farrah, De groutis (spl?), Fitzhenry, Henderson

8. Second Row: Oneil Harrison, Laffranchi, fulton Patterson, Haletau

9. Lock: Galea, Fulton.

Some areas concern me, especially second row and wing. Richards will be one wing, but if we dont re-sign miles then im concerned about the other wing.

My team for round one next year would be:
1. Hodgson
2. Haletau/Miles/Collis
3. whaturia
4. Elford
5. Richards
6. Marshall
7. Prince
8. Payten
9. Mears
10. Skandalis(c)
11. Oneil
12. Harrison
13. Galea

14. Fitzhenry
15. Gibbs
16. Laffarnchi
17. Lima

and a merged premier league side would look like

1. Simon Greally
2. Luke Duffy
3. John Wilson
4. Ken McGunniess
5. Dean Collis
6. Luke Brannigan
7. Kerrian Kerr
8. Chris Patterson
9. Robbie Farrah
10. Mark Merideth
11. Craig Stapleton
12. Jerome Roberts
13. Liam Fulton

Now if anyone could tell me why that would work then go right ahead!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Mc Guiness and Duffy will retire while Branighan and Henderson are no certainty to be retained either.

Bib

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
Mc Guiness and Duffy will retire while Branighan and Henderson are no certainty to be retained either.

What has happened to kenny, i reckon he adds to the depth of the place.

Brannigan should be retained, he played well against souths, and we need that sort of depth at the club

Tigerpete

Juniors
Branighan goes ok, But our Flegg halves Nowland and Caldwell could well push for for PL next season, Nowland in particular.

Stellar

Juniors
youd think that miles will be retained given that there isnt many decent wingers on the market and the lack of wingers in our club that are actually wingers. miles is a decent player and wing is his preferred position. fitzy and collis can cover wing but arent what i class as natural wingers they play better in the centres.

axl rose

Bench
Bib said:
Tigerpete said:

Brannigan should be retained, he played well against souths, and we need that sort of depth at the club

He was the hottest young talent in the game 3 years ago when he was with saints, hard to belive how quickly players fade, i know he has had some injurys etc

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Miles is contracted till the end of 2005

Duffy and McGuinness is making this year there last

Brannigan has been told he has too cut down his size or he won't be here next year

Who is Jerome Roberts ???????

Buettner won't be playing next year and Mears I doubt will be at the club either not even on match payments

Papa_smurf

Juniors
1-Hodgson
2-Elford (S.Turner if bought)
3-Wilson
4-Whatuira
5-Richards
6-Marshall
7-Prince
8-Skandalis
9-Fitzhenry
10-Payten
11-O'neil
12-Halatua
13-Galea
---------------
14-Farah
15-Harrison
16-Gibbs (Stapleton if bought)
17-Laffranchi

Vicious

Bench
Miles is contracted till the end of 2005

Duffy and McGuinness is making this year there last

Brannigan has been told he has too cut down his size or he won't be here next year

Who is Jerome Roberts ???????

Buettner won't be playing next year and Mears I doubt will be at the club either not even on match payments
Miles is definately off contract this year unless he very recently resigned for another year.Good question,who is Jerome Roberts???Does anyone know whether or not St Georges Nick Youngquest is off contract or not.He`d be very handy,he`s just about the fastest player in the comp.In saying that i`d like to see Dean Collis and Simon Greally fight out a 1st grade wing spot as of next year!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Vicious said:
Miles is definately off contract this year unless he very recently resigned for another year.

Are you sure about this because everything I have heard says he signed a 3yr deal with the club which would take him to the end of next season ???

Vicious

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Vicious said:
Miles is definately off contract this year unless he very recently resigned for another year.

Are you sure about this because everything I have heard says he signed a 3yr deal with the club which would take him to the end of next season ???
Positive.

skandofan

Juniors
Bib said:
My team for round one next year would be:
2. Haletau/Miles/Collis

Halatau is not a winger....could be used there but really wasted more valuable off the bench if not starting

have halatau and harrison starting then put meredith and lima on the bench so they can fire up later on then there you go every team that faces us will be nealy sh!ting there pants at the sight of them
:clap: yeah 2005 rag dolls no more!

Latest posts