What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive vibes all-round - Tupou article

Blair

Coach
He's been burned twice by two outside backs in consecutive games, resulting in tries. Wingers are supposed to keep up. No doubt he'd beat the average Joe in a sprint but that's not good enough.

It's like anything though, a couple of good tries in the next game and he's a different story.

Damarky

Juniors
Tupou the only reason you get picked is that we have no one else.
While I am here Ben Henry your 48 metres gain is poor too imo, I only hope we resigned
you for min maybe 50k per session. I really hope Bill will learn how to defend and Ben
learns how to run the ball up. Hmmm I wouldnt what to buy these two guys.
Elijah Taylor needs to watch where he passes.
I did think Sebastine Ikahihfo had a good game and looks like he will find his feet if given a chance.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I've already had a go at Locke, but go back and look at Tupou's "efforts" on all 3 of the Sea Eagles' tries from kicks

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The one before that was worse, Tupou gets to Cherry-Evans when he is facing the wrong way and barely moving, but still manages to get shrugged off

Abdullah

Juniors
best season my smelly sock...topou u are just very useless sort of player. go away like bluey and relax on other side of the ocean.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mate, every man was crap in the last 15 not just Topou.

Mate, they scored 2 tries in the last 10 minutes from kicks in between Tupou and Locke, and on each occasion Tupou and Locke both had an opportunity to make a tackle and missed. They actually scored 3 of their 5 tries in exactly this manner. That's not "everyone was crap", that's quite specific.

Benek

Juniors
I don't understand who thinks Tupou is good for us. He's a weak defender who's always out of position. The only tries he scores are the ones handed to him on a plate that every winger would finish. He had one good hat trick game and aside form that he's been the most forgettable, replaceable person on the entire team.

Tupou getting a guaranteed starting spot every week brings to light how incredibly shallow our backline options are, especially since dropping Inu. Our off season signing priority (if it's even on option this late) is to get a few experienced backs, pronto.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Weak as piss, Michael Burgess. Make your own judgements rather than allowing Tupou to get away with such a ridiculous statement.

When your marker has the sort of game Taufua had on Saturday, you have not played well. And how many times have we seen Tupou produce the sort of twirl that would be right at home in the gymnastics in London, with a try down his corridor to boot.

There honestly seems like a real softness at the club at the moment. Tupou claiming he's had a good season, when he wouldn't make another NRL side at the moment, and Bluey talking up our effort and we 'had a dig' on Saturday.

hitman82

Bench
I'd like to see Mannering in the centres and Hurrell on the wing for our remaining games. We don't stand a chance of 5 from 5 with Tupou, Maloney and Hurrell lined up together, and Tupou needs to be held accountable for his 4 tackles and 8 missed.

But yeah, Locke was equally poor in my opinion with 3 tries coming directly from his missed tackles, which were 7 tackles and 5 missed. Maloney made 23 tackles, but also missed 11. Mannering appears to be the glue that BARELY holds that flank together... without him, it was a disaster.

vvvrulz

Coach
Well one thing is for sure, if Topou thinks he's having a good season he's kidding himself. I don't think he's as bad as many make it out to be, but he is still bad and belongs in the Vulcans at the moment. I like Hitman's idea of trying out a new combo out there.

Izz

Bench
Most of Maloney's missed tackles were front-on against Williams, but to his credit he never shirked from attempting the tackles, and always rushed back in after he'd been knocked away.

hitro

Juniors
I'd like to see Mannering in the centres and Hurrell on the wing for our remaining games. We don't stand a chance of 5 from 5 with Tupou, Maloney and Hurrell lined up together, and Tupou needs to be held accountable for his 4 tackles and 8 missed.

But yeah, Locke was equally poor in my opinion with 3 tries coming directly from his missed tackles, which were 7 tackles and 5 missed. Maloney made 23 tackles, but also missed 11. Mannering appears to be the glue that BARELY holds that flank together... without him, it was a disaster.

Yeah let's try something different, there's nothing to lose. Tupou and Henry are not up to scratch, no matter what spin anyone at the club tries to put on it. I hope they are systematically combing the world for a centre of Tate/Hodges/Tonga class.

Steve Matai stepped Henry every time (again).

Locke must be injured but at least he is a talented and brave player.

blain

Juniors
I dont know how these articles are being made.. Our team is slipping donw the ladder, they see a player who has played every game and interview him like he is one positive point in the season. He has been average to crap all season and the only reason why he's still there is lack of depth. He's Patrick Ah Van mark II.

Taufua was the man on the weekend, holy crap he looked good. I haven't seen tupou ever have a game half as good as that over his 50 games. He got owned the other night.