What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibility...

greeneyed

First Grade
I wouldn't be unhappy if Drew and the club reached an agreement to part ways... he is a good bench player, but that is all. I think he does have a role, as the captain can't seem to put in a full game anymore, so he can come on in the dummy half role.

If we signed one top play maker, it would be better than having a few average ones.

The captain should stop trying... and focus on what he does best... leading from the front, gaining yards out of dummy half and passing quickly (he does the latter least well at the moment). And Drew can't do it consistently either. McLinden isn't suited to being the organiser, he is best being given his head to try anything and use his speed. We need ONE good playmaker.

thickos

First Grade
You make a good point greeneyed, I would not be surprised if the Raiders and Drew part company. It seemed like a good idea when he was brought to the club, he had a bit of success in the #7 in the latter half of 2002 at the Eels. But obviously it has been a gamble that has not paid off, we cannot mould him into a player he is not. Drew is very good at what he does; but we continually try to box him into our 'chief playmaker' role and that just wont happen. Whether he stays and contributes off the bench is up to him.

However I dont think Woolford is only a 'half-match' player anymore. He played the full 80 against the Storm no dramas, he did so last year as well. A hooker should be fit enough to go the distance if required.

schnitzel

Juniors
If he's not in the starting side, then Drew is too expensive to be a bench player. Why do you think Elliott has persisted with him at halfback for so long? Because he is under pressure for signing him to a healthy contract. Cut him loose and use the money to buy a halfback, please!!! If this happens watch for Drew to end up at Souths...

raidersman

Juniors
Or we could blood carney, hes been playing outstanding football in reggies! :D And all the money can be kept at retaining wiki and monnas :)

we need a few fresh players at the club.... it is just to gain some confidence and change things up a bit. look at penrith. premiers but they signed amos roberts. roosters: gavin lester who has been valuable backup. we need a half and then a quality back

jed

First Grade
raiders_lover_18 said:
look at penrith. premiers but they signed amos roberts. roosters: gavin lester who has been valuable backup.

Yeah, but to counter that, the roosters also signed up Brett Finch :lol:

thickos

First Grade
jed said:
raiders_lover_18 said:
look at penrith. premiers but they signed amos roberts. roosters: gavin lester who has been valuable backup.

Yeah, but to counter that, the roosters also signed up Brett Finch :lol:
To make it even funnier, they dropped from 1st to 2nd due to his presence :lol:

SOULS 04

Juniors
ahh dammit i didnt realise there was a second page... now my vote seems right out of place

Latest posts