What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POst Game at Parra Stadium

fish eel

Immortal
Keen to hear from someone who got along.

Unfortunatley, I was silly enough to follow this information the leagues clubs provided

Grand Final Live Site
Sunday October 4 @ Parramatta Stadium
Gates Open 2pm
NRL Grand Final 5pm
Entry is free
Game will be televised on big screens
Players due back approximately 10pm

http://www.parraleagues.com.au/default.aspx?id=83

so when I turned up at 9.30 I got to see the aftermath as the players had already arrived, done their bit and were boarding the bus :?

There looked to be a good turn out for them though (front what I could see, couldnt even get into the stadium), with lots of flag waving and cheering as the bus left and drove....around the corner.

Oh well, better just head straight there next year. ;-)

mini_murph

Juniors
Walking along church street was the best... so good that i went to a wood fire pizza and was singing along to all the songs being played

mickdo

Coach
Was a good turn out. Players hung around for a while. Hindy went back to the LC after. Not sure about the others. LC doors were locked for the night pretty quick as there was a full house.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Imagine if we won. The place was pretty loud and proud for a GF loss. Not sad and sombre at all.

All the fans that attended realised that, despite the outcome of the game, we are winners in 2009. The Premiers tag can wait for 1 more year.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Imagine if we won. The place was pretty loud and proud for a GF loss. Not sad and sombre at all.

All the fans that attended realised that, despite the outcome of the game, we are winners in 2009. The Premiers tag can wait for 1 more year.
Great to hear

parra_mania

Juniors
i spend 5 hours at leagues club got there at 10 left at 3am got to meet grothe snr and jr and luke burt and his partner ben smith and hindy were also there

parra in 2010 is what iam waitng for victory would have been great but revenge will be even better

eelz47

Coach
we got into the club after midnight, it was good there too still buzzing til 4 isg

distortedchaos

Juniors
Yeah I made it back there pretty quickly, clapped the boys as they got off the bus then hurried in to get on the field in front of the stage. Was great to see the turn out and also the good spirits that most people were in. Had to laugh though as I got off the train at Parra some idiot was in front of the hotel cheering the storm - I happily gave gave him the finger and walked on.

Nikki

Coach
Twas a shame that with both the post game presentation and this mornings, there was no mention to the departing players.

scottyeel

Bench
Got back from ANZ at 8.30, wandered over the stadium and not much was happening just a bit of AC/DC. The wife and i decided to go back to the Sebel, have a bit of a feed then come back at 10 to greet the players. Headed back over around 9:45 and everyone was heading back towards Church st. Bit of a shame it didn't go as scheduled, but then again none of thge night went as planned.:(

Nikki

Coach
They would have had a lot more media commitments, etc, if they hadda won. Obviously just wanted the formalities outta the way so they could be with their families.