What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Match Reaction

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Blaze said:
well that's your opinion..

IMO the 1 point was definitely on. I said it at the time so it isn't really a hindsight thing.

x2 on this

Drop goal was the obvious play there, "positive football" or not

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
JoeD said:
On the Mannering send off : I thought it was fairly clear that Mannering had fallen off the player and the rooster could easily have gotten up and played on, much like Wade did against the Tits.

It was fairly clear that the tackle was already complete. Would've definitely been a penalty if Perrett had kept going. Honestly, the strip looked ridiculous. Can't believe yall can't see it.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Thierry Henry said:
x2 on this

Drop goal was the obvious play there, "positive football" or not

Mad not to go for it - right under the posts. My only guess is they went to Gatis to run because they thought the Roosters might have been waiting for the field goal and they wanted to fool them.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
TH and Skinner are bang on i reckon

No side was robbed, the poor decisions went both ways all game.

1 of my favourites was Price being told he was offside, kept charging at Anasta who dropped the ball under that pressure, and it was only a scrum.

Also after some input on another decision. Anyone remember when the Warriors got the repeat set and Swann threw that long pass that the Chooks got hold of ?
No advantage was the call, but 95% of the time, if you gain possesion and take a step or throw the pass that is your advantage. Thoughts ?

Skram

Juniors
Brilliant game, not much that hasn't been said already aside from how good was Paea's falcon on Wing in extra time. If Ropati had have scooped that up it would've been a game losing falcon, that doesn't happen everyday.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Beavers Headgear said:

1 of my favourites was Price being told he was offside, kept charging at Anasta who dropped the ball under that pressure, and it was only a scrum.

Also after some input on another decision. Anyone remember when the Warriors got the repeat set and Swann threw that long pass that the Chooks got hold of ?
No advantage was the call, but 95% of the time, if you gain possesion and take a step or throw the pass that is your advantage. Thoughts ?

I thought that was a correct call

He picked it up and threw it straight to the opposition.....I reckon if it had gone 2 passes wide then no advantage, but if the player picks up a knocked-on ball and throws an intercept pass I definitely reckon no advantage

Iafeta

Referee
Beavers Headgear said:

No advantage. It's not like he got to charge forward, he was in a 50/50 broken field situation and ran backwards to make a pass. Or it's not like they got to the next ruck, or started making head ways, or had a seriously broken line in front of him. The way he reacted, I doubt he even thought it wasn't last tackle. It'd be unlikely he'd take that play on tackle zero or one, so you'd assess no advantage taken as he had no idea.

The touchie missing the strip was awful, but the clincher for mine was Shayne forgetting his duties as a first grade referee in officiating off sides when teams were in field goal range. That was the travesty in respect to McKinnon's miss. Two rucks they were abysmally offside. The other one that frustrates my ring off is the 'time off' call with 6 seconds to go, when the ball was knocked on (it was actually knocked back, quite clearly too coincidentally)... 30 minutes into the game, he does not blow time off. Why does he change for no change in situation but the time piece? Because he's reacting to circumstancial environments, something a referee, or any official should not do. You should be unduly influenced by outside non essentials. That in a crux is a huge part of why I hate golden point for the round robin matches, it's nothing but an artificial points distributor, and referees simply are not up to making the correct calls in that pressure. You can say 'excitement' this or 'excitement' that, but now we're discussing a poor 10 minutes of refereeing where the referee had opportunities to make decisive correct calls which would have decided the match, but was afraid or unable to. The fact is, a referee is going to cost a team their season in round robin play in a golden point match by making a howler of a call. It should be draw at the end of 80 in round robin, and 5 or 10 minutes each way NON golden point in the finals. You shouldn't be axed in the finals for a drop goal, or a poor refereeing penalty, if something goes wrong you should be given the chance to fight back and prove your worth.

mean

Juniors
Ropati is quicker than I had originally thought.
Hame's footwork is improving with more game time.
We still don't have a good kicking game.
Our support play is good.
Big guys don't always make great defenders.
I was hoping Freddie's fairytale run was gonna end on Sunday.
Hayne's shorts look like girls rompers from the 70's.

Skinner

Coach
mean said:
Ropati is quicker than I had originally thought.
Hame's footwork is improving with more game time.
We still don't have a good kicking game.
Our support play is good.
Big guys don't always make great defenders.
I was hoping Freddie's fairytale run was gonna end on Sunday.
Hayne's shorts look like girls rompers from the 70's.

Rompers ???? Mate, you're showing your age :shock:

Latest posts