What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

potential problems...

The_Savage_1

Juniors
first orford, now...

(SMH) Storm centre Steve Bell has revealed he has reached a "stalemate" in his talks with the club over a new contract. "I think we're sort of waiting for Matt Orford, too," he said. "I think everyone is. [It's been] a couple of weeks. I think he is going to June 30, so I think we'll be waiting until then and see what happens from there."

(SMH) NSW winger Matt King yesterday said loyalty counted for little in rugby league and he would not be re-signing with Melbourne in the immediate future.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/Storm-trump-King-holds-loyalty-card-close-to-his-chest/2005/05/20/1116533544495.html

camsmith

Juniors
"(SMH) NSW winger Matt King yesterday said loyalty counted for little in rugby league and he would not be re-signing with Melbourne in the immediate future."

SAY WHAT!?

Storm made him who he is today. wtf is with some players! greedy bastards!

Also in that article - "There is a bit of loyalty [to Melbourne] there but I've got a couple of brothers who didn't get treated too well during their careers," he said.

Chris King was a forward with Parramatta for the best part of a decade, while fullback/winger Andrew played for Gold Coast, Manly and South Sydney.

"I think it just finished in a way that was a bit disrespectful," King said of their careers.

"Chris was at Parramatta for 10 years and everyone talks about the boys showing loyalty to clubs - Parra didn't show him much loyalty when he was at the end of his career. The same thing happened to Andrew in a few of the clubs he went to"

Whats that got to do with anything, parra, GC, Manly, South Sydney arnt Melbourne Storm, we're a different club and have nothing to do with those clubs mentioned.

King and Orford should take a look at Matt Geyer, billy and smith (so far) they respect our club and are happy and proud to play for the storm regardless of any money thrown there way.

Yet ANOTHER reason why to hate NSW and go for the MIGHTY MAROONS! :D

Its modern day Rugby League.

Dont worry...I somehow think the Storm will end up with good replacements. Just look at the players you've lost over the years and how they've been replaced by very good performers.

camsmith

Juniors
Yeah but its happening to much.
Because our coach's know how to develop players from sh*thouse to awesome. Once their awesome they get big heads (*cough* Orford *cough*) and they piss of elsewhere, which then means we have to start all over again...pick up another young player, make him good and then get ready for him to chase money and develop another player.

I know its a buisness blah blah blah, but they gotta remember, some of them would be nothing (garbo's) without the club that gave them a start, and without them they wouldnt even be thinking about making the amount of money they do.
I just think the NRL should do a bit more to help entice players to stay at clubs.

I also know it happens at every club, but i dont know many other clubs that are constantly able to scout good young players and turn them into stars like the storm do.

You know what these players would say?

What happens when they sign a deal for less money to stay loyal. They run through their contract...but at the end of it the club dont even offer them contract because there is a young bloke in the lower grades who they want to develope.

Thats why there is no loyalty in the game....not because players dont have it....but because NO ONE has it. Its something thats forced on everyone in the NRL environment.

Look, orford was on a MASSIVE one year deal with the Storm. If he leave....you'll be able to get someone that will atleast stay with the club one a more perminant basis.

King and Bell......good outside back pop up at every club every year. You'll replace them too.

I can understand why you are p*ssed off. If I was a Storm fan...I would be to.

This is a sad situation for our club...Bellamy is a bloody good coach but it appears the "Kimmorley money grabber" issues are on the agenda again.

Matt King...if ya brothers got shafted then that is their problem but Storm had nothing to do with it...think about where you were 2 years ago...pulling beers.

Bugger off if you don't respect out club... :evil: :(

shadow grinder

First Grade
king wouldnt be getting less on a new contract he would be getting more...he is only going on the market for $180,000...i cant see how king can compare the loyalty that eels shown to his brother to the storm....STORM GAVE YOU A CHANCE KINGY! if it wasnt for us you would still be a homeless bum working at a bar...wake up dude.

Latest posts