What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pray to god that this screw up is fixed upon release!

sheep

Juniors
Dont worry eely, mario has already said you cant tackle players without the ball in the final version! Also the Australians arent doing the tackling if you look the Kiwi is lying on top of the player behind the current tackle. Also the fact that the players in the furthest tackle on screen are now getting back to their feet, while the one directly behind is still down, lead me to believe they were tackled earlier and offloaded.

slippery eel

Juniors
On the weekend i played Rugby 2004 and it was horrid!. The gameplay and camera angles were terrible. I own Rugby 2001 and it is far better but was made 2 years ago. You would think that EA would of improved 3 years later. If NRL is anything like Rugby 2004 than i'll be very disappointed.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah it's crap in the demo how you can tackle players without the ball i'm sure it's fixed for the final version and also i watched the game being played on the big screen at half time of the grand final and the players have the same running style as in the demo, i'm very disappointed about that.

TripleM

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Yeah it's crap in the demo how you can tackle players without the ball i'm sure it's fixed for the final version
It is, Mario said.
pepstar87 said:
and also i watched the game being played on the big screen at half time of the grand final and the players have the same running style as in the demo, i'm very disappointed about that.

Oh well, its not a big deal. Gameplays all that counts. I'm sure you won't notice the running style when you are playing the game.

Goleel

Juniors
I don't know what you've been watching, but the demo running style is definitely gone, they run in a much better style now. Sure, it still doesn't look as natural as it could, but it looks fine. The demo running style was the old 'pole up the arse' running style, the current game doesn't have anything like that at all. Trust me, the running isn't nearly as bad as the demo.

tcalvert7

Juniors
Although mario has said you can't tackle anyone without the ball, does this include late tackles. i think late tackles would be great, giving away the odd penaly or even getting 10 in the bin for stopping what would have been a try? i haven't seen this covered anywhere in the faq.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Never found the running style even in the demo to bother me while I was playing the game. Didnt have time for it to bother me.

The running style on the latest XBOX vid from the grand final looks absolutely superb.

Petebix

Juniors
I thought tackling players without the ball was the best part of the demo :lol:

For months whenever someone came round my house I'd put it on just so I could show people that

If anyone can remember back to the 1995 finals series there was a knock out encounter between the Dragons and the Bulldogs where Gordan Tallis absolutely mauled some poor doggies player... nothing unusual you say, but this fella did not have the ball :lol: was no where near the ball :lol: and never looked like getting the ball :lol:

Ahhh memories

But yeah... that's just me

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought tackling the players without the ball was pretty funny. :lol: Even tackling the referee.

But im glad theyre fixing it, even though it doesnt bother me that much. It would be good if they kept a bit of it, and if you tackle someone without the ball you get 10 min in the bin.

Latest posts