What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prelim Final 2: Storm v Dragons *match thread, live updates Saturday*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
6 days to the second of our GF Qualifiers.

Game day (NSWRL fixtures TBC):
PREMIER LEAGUE
Newtown v Dragons. TBA kickoff.

JIM BEAM CUP GRAND FINAL
Newtown v Sydney Bulls. TBA Kickoff.

FIRST GRADE
Melbourne v St George-Illawarra. 7:45pm kickoff.

Thoughts, predictions? Crowd? Can the Saints win their 6th straight? Are Melbourne unbeatable? Will St George choke?

Timmah

Staff member
Big day for both the Jets and Dragons at Telstra. There should be a massive crowd. I hope the Newtown fans stick around for the main game.

ledzep

Bench
Timmah said:
Big day for both the Jets and Dragons at Telstra. There should be a massive crowd. I hope the Newtown fans stick around for the main game.
where'd you hear that the jets were playing on saturday from?

Timmah

Staff member
As I said in the other thread it makes sense to group teams in multiple games on the same day... the NRL and NSWRL are known to do it. Given the JBC cup final involving Newtown is locked in for Telstra on Saturday one would assume Newtown would play PL on the same ground, same day. Why have you assumed otherwise just out of interest?

Timmah

Staff member
I dunno mate... Bailey is absolutely on fire. This one will go down to the last minute IMO.

Timmah said:
I dunno mate... Bailey is absolutely on fire. This one will go down to the last minute IMO.

Bailey will be matched by Crocker. Storm will ensure that the likes of Dallas Johnson and Ryan Hoffman are covering as third man in defensive tackles to stop any missed tackles.

If it is even at halftime them Storm will use their quick play the ball to tire the Dragons defence.

Ryles will get targetted by Brett White and Kaufusi.

This will be a cracker.;-)

ledzep

Bench
Timmah said:
As I said in the other thread it makes sense to group teams in multiple games on the same day... the NRL and NSWRL are known to do it. Given the JBC cup final involving Newtown is locked in for Telstra on Saturday one would assume Newtown would play PL on the same ground, same day. Why have you assumed otherwise just out of interest?
#-o didn't think of that
i just assumed, seeing that newtown finished second, they'd play at the first preliminary final like the dogs
it'll definitely pan out like you have said though
now i have to replan my weekend :x

Stagger eel

Staff member
Timmah said:
6 days to the second of our GF Qualifiers.

Game day (NSWRL fixtures TBC):
JERSEY FLEGG
Newcastle v Dragons. TBA kickoff.

JIM BEAM CUP GRAND FINAL
Newtown v Sydney Bulls. TBA Kickoff.

PREMIER LEAGUE
Newtown v Dragons. TBA kickoff.

FIRST GRADE
Melbourne v St George-Illawarra. 7:45pm kickoff.

Thoughts, predictions? Crowd? Can the Saints win their 6th straight? Are Melbourne unbeatable? Will St George choke?

are you sure it's not Parra V Manly in premier league????...we were the minor premiers in that grade and probably should be playing on the saturday night.

Timmah

Staff member
eelavation said:
are you sure it's not Parra V Manly in premier league????...we were the minor premiers in that grade and probably should be playing on the saturday night.

Have you read any of this thread? #-o

Timmah

Staff member
Earl said:
Didn't know you worked for the NRL Timmah.

I don't. As it states in the opening post, the date and times are to be confirmed for the lower grades. I would imagine that's how the games would work out - how absolutely stupid would they have to be to schedule three Dragons grades on two different nights?

dragondad

First Grade
You are dead right for everything there Timmah.

However,

the order of events goes PL,Jim Beam,First Grade.

Flegg will be at Leichardt on Friday night.

Timmah

Staff member
I was thinking that might be the case. JBC is the Grand Final after all. That said, I'd be dirty if I were a Saints supporter... two different venues is sh*thouse planning.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dragons by 8. Crowd 40k+ and the Storm to come out and try and blow the Dragons off the park in the opening 20.

philstorm

Juniors
So, what's your tip Timmah?

Who said we were favourites. :lol:

Dragons are very firm favourites for mine.

Latest posts