What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prelim Final 2: Storm v Dragons *match thread, live updates Saturday*

scottyeel

Bench
If Inglis doesn't play Melbourne will have big problems scoring points against the Dragons defence which has really stepped up.
Dragons by 16.

Noa

First Grade
Should be a good game but I think the Storm will win. Our forwards have the size and athleticism to get on top of the Dragons pack whereas Brisbane and Manlys forwards are big but not as mobile as ours which was there downfall against the Dragons.

The speed of our defensive line will be critical, we need to turn Barrett into a passing 5/8 rather then a running one.

I'd love to see Inglis mark Gasnier as I thought Matt King struggled with his agility last time plus Gasnier's defence isnt as good as Coopers and if Gregs fit he'll take full advantage of that.

Noa Nandruku said:
Should be a good game but I think the Storm will win. Our forwards have the size and athleticism to get on top of the Dragons pack whereas Brisbane and Manlys forwards are big but not as mobile as ours which was there downfall against the Dragons.

The speed of our defensive line will be critical, we need to turn Barrett into a passing 5/8 rather then a running one.

I'd love to see Inglis mark Gasnier as I thought Matt King struggled with his agility last time plus Gasnier's defence isnt as good as Coopers and if Gregs fit he'll take full advantage of that.

Nice comments bro...our forwards are a lot more agile and will play at a high tempo without allowing the Dragons an opportunity to slow the play. This will tire the Dragons and allow the likes of Crocker, Crossman and Hoffman to bust up the middle.

Dani

Immortal
2 Games LIVE on FTA this season, must be a record.

Oh, and this is going to be a tough, tough game, i am not confident at all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

At least I don't write a novel on each game like BBSF. He's Big Bad Broncos Fan now, by the way :sarcasm:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Timmah said:
:lol:

At least I don't write a novel on each game like BBSF. He's Big Bad Broncos Fan now, by the way :sarcasm:

I'm glad he hasn't become "Big Bad Saints Fan"...that would just be WAY too much. :crazy:

Ice777

Bench
dragondad said:
25-30k Dragons fans ... 3 Storm fans

There's 5 in my group going up so you're wrong already and if there's only 25-30K Dragons fans that'd be a pretty average turnout for a preliminary final. That's only my opinion of course.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ice777 said:
There's 5 in my group going up so you're wrong already and if there's only 25-30K Dragons fans that'd be a pretty average turnout for a preliminary final. That's only my opinion of course.

I think he meant 3k ;-)

_Johnsy

Referee
philstorm said:
So, what's your tip Timmah?

Who said we were favourites. :lol:

Dragons are very firm favourites for mine.

I have heard it all.

You guys were minor premiers by a country mile, lost 4 games all year, beat us twice, and you think you are the underdogs pfffft

philstorm

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
I have heard it all.

You guys were minor premiers by a country mile, lost 4 games all year, beat us twice, and you think you are the underdogs pfffft

Yet Dragons are the bookies favourites? :)

That means more people have put money on the Dragons to win, more people from the media will think they will win.

The correctness of that all is debatable though. :lol:

Slackboy72

Coach
Dragons have trouble chasing points. Melbourne less so. The game will be decided by the score at half time. If Dragons are up by 12 then they are even money to do it. Any less and Melbourne will likely run them down.

That said I wasn't impressed by Melbourne's intensity last week. I suspect that they won't get into the game until twenty minutes in. If Gorrell, Creagh, Naiqama and Morris are allowed to steal easy yards in the ruck then the Dragons will start to get the roll on.

One thing that has been overlooked is that the Dragons have come up against two sub-standard kick-chase games the last two weeks. If Melbourne do this well then Dragons will be kicking out of their own half all night. They lost last year's pre-lim with a sub-par kicking game. Parramatta lost to Melbourne with a pathetically woeful kicking game.

I think Dragons will do it but I doubt it will be as one-sided as their last two games.

philstorm

Juniors
Slackboy72 said:
Dragons have trouble chasing points. Melbourne less so. The game will be decided by the score at half time. If Dragons are up by 12 then they are even money to do it. Any less and Melbourne will likely run them down.

That said I wasn't impressed by Melbourne's intensity last week. I suspect that they won't get into the game until twenty minutes in. If Gorrell, Creagh, Naiqama and Morris are allowed to steal easy yards in the ruck then the Dragons will start to get the roll on.

One thing that has been overlooked is that the Dragons have come up against two sub-standard kick-chase games the last two weeks. If Melbourne do this well then Dragons will be kicking out of their own half all night. They lost last year's pre-lim with a sub-par kicking game. Parramatta lost to Melbourne with a pathetically woeful kicking game.

I think Dragons will do it but I doubt it will be as one-sided as their last two games.

Great first post Slack. I agree with everyone you've said there apart from the last sentence. ;-)

Latest posts