What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preliminary Final vs Roosters Discussion + Voting

hellteam

First Grade
Get excited fellas, just over a week to our first home Prelim Final since 1998 (17 years!). I remember being at the game that day at ANZ (QE2), was very young at the time but it was an absolute carve up against the Roosters. Lockyer in particular really stamping himself as a current/future great of the game with a hat trick. Highlights for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Z_jV34Jh8

Some questions:
- Who do we want to play?
- Will we see any team changes?
- Will we win?; and most importantly
- How do we get tickets???

Expecting this one to sell out pretty quickly.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'd much prefer to play the Bulldogs. Roosters still have the best side on paper in my opinion. If they put it together they will be very hard to stop. I guess all we can hope for in Roosters vs Bulldogs is a close game, so that both teams have to go hard for the full 80. My feeling though is that the Roosters will win easily.

I think we will see the exact same team that accounted for the Cowboys.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree, I would definitely prefer to play the Bulldogs.

Same although if Pearce is back I'd rather play the Roosters. Bringing in a bloke off a 5 week hammy screams 'danger'.

Eother way, tough game, I just hope we don't have to spend so much petrol in the prelim and that is my worry, the other side of the draw is a sitter!:(

Maroon4life

Juniors
I don't mind who we play, the team is playing with an air of confidence that tells you they believe they will beat whoever is put in front of them. From a different perspective if I was either the bulldogs or roosters I wouldn't like my chances against this broncos side in front of a full suncorp.

I think we will beat whoever it is and play a rematch vs melbourne in the grand final.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think we will beat whoever it is and play a rematch vs melbourne in the grand final.

Hope it is a QLD derby...for 2 reasons..

1. I want it, 2 sides that play football and not worry about the ruck
2. I had a drunk bet for the quinella Bris/Cows last year and I win $1200 if it comes up haha!:lol:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I honestly don't believe it really matters at this point. The effects of our week off compared to our opponents who have played 3 or 4 games in a row is going to be readily apparent, especially with our faster paced method of play.

Snappy

Coach
- How do we get tickets???

Expecting this one to sell out pretty quickly.

To get decent seats you'll really want to be buying during the presale on Monday before they go on sale to public on Tuesday.

Im assuming you're not a ticketed member, but there are is also a presale from 5:00pm Monday for NRL.COM members. So join NRL.COM and they should send you a code late Monday arvo or early evening, or I can post the code when I get it. It's usually something pretty simple.

Throughout the day on Moday, I'd be trying codes such as NRL, NRLBRONCOS, BRONCOSNRL, NRLFINALS

Chances are you might get though and be able to purchase tickets.

You wouldnt bloody believe it but Ive got a mates wedding next Friday and cant go. Not happy jan.

edit: Just realised they've already sent me the code. NRLBroncos for the presale starting 5:00pm on Monday.

Last edited:

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Good to see the dogs fire up on the roosters but don't think there's any injuries in the chooks camp? Roosters were just as bad as the dogs with all the handling errors but don't think we'll be allowed that luxury.

Unfortunately we don't have the giant pack of either side to rattle the chooks like the doggies and can imagine Robinson giving them heaps and getting them in line for our match. Our defence is fine but our main concern as all year is our consistency with our kicking game. Has to be spot on against the roosters to have any chance to get a win here.

Even when the roosters play bad their kicking game is always a threat. Hopefully we can get in front first and keep the pressure on.

Go the Broncs - cook those chooks!

Bronco18

Juniors
Memo to Hunt and Milford: Practice your grubbers to RTS. Contesting balls with a charging defence seems to have been his Achilles heel the past couple of weeks.

hellteam

First Grade
To get decent seats you'll really want to be buying during the presale on Monday before they go on sale to public on Tuesday.

Im assuming you're not a ticketed member, but there are is also a presale from 5:00pm Monday for NRL.COM members. So join NRL.COM and they should send you a code late Monday arvo or early evening, or I can post the code when I get it. It's usually something pretty simple.

Throughout the day on Moday, I'd be trying codes such as NRL, NRLBRONCOS, BRONCOSNRL, NRLFINALS

Chances are you might get though and be able to purchase tickets.

You wouldnt bloody believe it but Ive got a mates wedding next Friday and cant go. Not happy jan.

edit: Just realised they've already sent me the code. NRLBroncos for the presale starting 5:00pm on Monday.

Cheers mate, got awesome tickets!

Ibleedblue

Juniors
We've got a big chance here. The Roosters are making some sloppy mistakes of late and with the pro
Broncos crowd behind us and the week of we can do this.