What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League - GRAND FINAL

Who will win the Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozzie

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
:lol: All the sour Jets fans have jumped on the Rorters bandwagon.

Eels should win well.

So they should considering they will be the Roosters Premier team next year

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Henson Park Hornets said:
Never let the facts stand in the way of a good rant....

Easts have been the best side in the PL all year, where as Parra have not.

You really should check where you get your info from.

For the record:

1. Parra - 19 Wins 5 Losses 765 For 426 Against 42 Competition Points
2. Easts - 17 Wins 7 Losses 689 For 425 Against 38 Competition Points

Makes no difference to what will happen on Sunday (as it's 1 vs 2 and anything can happen), but when you claim "never let the facts stand in the way of a good rant...." only to follow it up with a rant that can easily be disproved with fact; then I have to stop, point and laugh :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eloquentEEL said:

For the record:

Makes no difference to what will happen on Sunday (as it's 1 vs 2 and anything can happen), but when you claim "never let the facts stand in the way of a good rant...." only to follow it up with a rant that can easily be disproved with fact; then I have to stop, point and laugh :lol:

That's a Jets fan for ya, you shouldn't have expected any less from them.

the_eel

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:

For the record:

Nice response eloquent, very nice indeed!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Roosters beat Canberra by well over 50 points last weekend. Jets were beaten by inept referee decisions and luck.

Im not on here to squabble with children and honestly could not give a flyin one, however am of the opinion that the Roosters will win and win easily.

If Parra play like they did last weekend and the Roosters play like they have been playing in the latter part of the season, they will get hammered by the Roosters.

I don't care the slightest about Newtown being the feeder side for them next season when giving this opinion. Nor do I take into account any other factor. My opinion is that Roosters have been playing better football in the last few weeks. They absolutely slaughtered Canterbury then followed it up with a cricket score against an in form and NRL experienced Raiders outfit. Whereas Parra were lucky to beat the Jets by only ten points. A forward pass try and a try also given to them from a player already tackled then passing the ball added up to 12 in correct points. They were also lucky that MERRIT's first try and BOBONGINEs were disallowed. Also the incident in the second half when Jets were all over their line and only 1 metre out with tackles in hand, and MERRITT made the error of dropping the ball whilst playing the ball. Throwing away what would have been a certain Jets try ( Very lucky indeed ).

Do the math. They won by 10, ( 12 points that should not have been given, and the Jets should have scored three more times and normally would have. )

IF Parra play like that against the Roosters, and the Roosters play like they have been playing it will be a cricket score in the Roosters favor. That is my opinion, and we will see what happens on the day.

bluenwhite

Juniors
argh you don't know how much it hurts me to say this but: go eels.
it's better than the other option i guess.

Vicious

Bench
Jamie Soward is just classes above Premier League standard. He and Grant Rovelli form an awesome halves combination which i think will lead them to victory. Despite the fact that i`m not a fan of either club, it should be a very good GF between 2 very classy Premier League sides. I`m sure there will be plenty of future 1st grade stars on display.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
2 True Blues said:
Roosters beat Canberra by well over 50 points last weekend. Jets were beaten by inept referee decisions and luck.

A forward pass try and a try also given to them from a player already tackled then passing the ball added up to 12 in correct points. They were also lucky that MERRIT's first try and BOBONGINEs were disallowed. Also the incident in the second half when Jets were all over their line and only 1 metre out with tackles in hand, and MERRITT made the error of dropping the ball whilst playing the ball. Throwing away what would have been a certain Jets try ( Very lucky indeed ).

Do the math. They won by 10, ( 12 points that should not have been given, and the Jets should have scored three more times and normally would have. )

Could you have made any more excuses? :lol:

It's ironic you should call people children yet blame the ref 100% for your loss. That's pretty childish isn't it?

I will give you one thing, the Roosters do take great form into this match, it will be close and they deserve to be favourites. But the Jets fans would have voted for them if they beat Canberra by 1, purely because of the fact we knocked you out of the finals.

rowdy

First Grade
woohoo cant wait!

roosters do have a good side, heathy lestrange, shackleton and soward

parra have some first grade experience, and jimmy storer.

im going parra of course, but it should be great! (almost better than first grade in my parramatta opinion!)

Jeffles

Bench
Good little match preview. Hopefully I can finish work in time to catch the beginning of the game. Otherwise I'll have to watch the tape - but that's not as fun!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Everyone keeps on crapping on about the Roosters having a lot of 1st grade experience well Parra don't excatly have a bunch of no names

Reddy, Williams, Graham, Delaney, Lewis, Muckert, H.Perenara, O'Dwyrer, Storer, Afamasaga and Tsoulos who have all played 1st grade.

while Marcus Perenara was picked for the NZ Tri Nations Train on Sqaud last year despite not having played 1st grade

Jarryd Hayne has progressed from SG Ball to REggies this year and last year despite being only 15 played in the NSW Under 17's team where he scored 4 tries and he backed up this year with 1 try as a 16 year old.

2 True Blues

Coach
Although the Roosters handlin errors let them down on the day, Parramatta were by far the better side. Congrats to the Eels, well played and well done.

Roosters had not been beaten by more than 12 points all season and exceeded this when it mattered most by giving a lot of ball to Parra. However were outplayed on the day when it counted.