What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Report Vs Norths

newmanj

Juniors
After completely not feeling like giving a report yesterday, here goes.

1. Joel Reddy. Solid but not spectacular. Considering his experience, quite impressive display again. Looks the goods.
2. Matt Gruzka. Scored a good try. Solid.
3. Ben Smith. Star of the future. Should be in First grade. Has penetration, strength, and know the way to the line. Scored 3 tries.
4. Ashley Graham. (Did not play). Wise Kativerata played centre. Waste of space. Did nothing.
5. Brett Anderson. Another future star. Scored a good try. Shows good speed.
6. Feleti Mateo. Tried very hard. Sometimes too hard. Probably five-eight is not his best position. More a lock. Star of the future for sure.
7. Michael Witt. Led the side around the paddock. Solid. Scored a try. Kicked well. Probably a couple more weeks in the PL for him.
8. Josh Cordoba. Good young prop. Very good display. Made plenty of ground up the middle. Star of the future
9. Shane Muspratt. Disappointing. After i rated him very highly earlier in the year, he disappointed in FG, and now looks to be struggling in PL. Might be carrying an injury.
10. Mal Kaufusi. Average game. Was capable of doing much more against a quite weak North Sydney pack. Didnt look interested. When he was, went forward. Rest of the time, did nothing. Too many errors
11. Chris Muckert. I was really pleased we signed him. Now i am not. Overweight and lazy.
12. Fred Petersen. Solid. Not spectacular. Hit the line hard, but didnt bust it. Defended solidly.
13. Lee Hopkins. Great game. 2 good solo tries, 1 from a brilliant 40 metre run. Should be re-signed immediately, and promoted to FG. Should be the captain. Has a lot of heart.

As can be seen from this assessment, which is purely my opinion, outside of Lee Hopkins, none of the senior players in the PL are worth a pinch of shit. It is the young up and coming stars that are shining, as are the young blokes in the Flegg.

As for the Flegg, Tim Smith and Jack Afamangsa are going to be first graders in the next 2 years. At what club, who knows.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Good news about Hopkins. Many people have the opinion that Hopkins is a waste of space at our club but i stongly disagree. He was our best last year and was looking the good ealry this year before suffering that eye injury.

If you could promote two forwards based on Premier League form to replace Hindy and Peek this week who would they be? I'm assuming Hopkins would be one but I didn't get to see this weeks Prems game. I've seen Josh Cordoba before and i rate him. Reckon he's ready to step up?

Im glad that u mentioned Tim Smith because he is what u call a natural half back. He controls a game like nobody his age can do. His passing abilities and kicking game are of a future champion and so is his running game. he is the next Andrew Johns without doubt he is the key to Parras future.

Forget about Witt, Thorman they have nothing on Tim Smith. People are saying put Witt in 1st gtarde but Witt can't control a game its just a natural ability that u just have to have.

If you see Tim Smith play the game look at how he directs every play, he is involved in everything unlike Witt who is more adlib or as it comes sort of player. Tim Smith will be the Australian half back in the future that I can guarantee. The only thing im scared of is if he does a Willie Tonga and goes to another club, that will be it for me.

Jack Afasamanga is another Hindmarsh/Mcracken clone who goes for the full 80 minutes. Big strong powerfull and will be in 1st grade once he matures.

newmanj

Juniors
I believe that the following side should take the field next week.

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Daniel Wagon
5. Eric Grothe
6. Adam Dykes
7. Chris Thorman (or Michael Witt)
8. Stapleton
9. Morris
10. Vella
11. Armit
12. Widders
13. Hopkins

14. Tsoulos
15. Mateo
16. Michael Witt (or Chris Thorman)
17. Jim Curtis

Parraren

Bench
Thanks for the report newmanj :clap:

I'm very, very dissapointed to hear about the poor form of Muckert. Possibly he's just struggling to regain fitness after the injury he sustained in the pre-season as he was out of action for quite a long time. Let's bloody hope he improves as I was genuinely impressed with his displays last season for the Cowboys.

From what i'd seen of Muspratt & Kaufusi earlier in the year I thought they would definitely be pushing for a spot in first grade by now but based on what you've reported their form has obviously dropped off in recent weeks, much like our first grade side. Again, dissapointing to hear.

Any idea what happened to Jeremiah Pai? He looked good in the earlier rounds as well #-o

Good to hear young guys like Smith, Anderson, Mateo & Cordoba are showing some promising signs though.

We definitely need Hopkins back in first grade. We need players with heart and passion for the jersey & Hoppo certainly has both as well as talent and experience.

I like the side you named but thats a very inexperienced bench. But maybe it is time to give the young blood a shot, surely they couldn't do any worse than the more experienced guys have done in recent weeks. We could probably do with Pearson coming back from that never ending back injury right about now couldn't we (although match fitness would be a problem).

newmanj

Juniors
I'm very, very dissapointed to hear about the poor form of Muckert. Possibly he's just struggling to regain fitness after the injury he sustained in the pre-season as he was out of action for quite a long time. Let's bloody hope he improves as I was genuinely impressed with his displays last season for the Cowboys.

From what i'd seen of Muspratt & Kaufusi earlier in the year I thought they would definitely be pushing for a spot in first grade by now but based on what you've reported their form has obviously dropped off in recent weeks, much like our first grade side. Again, dissapointing to hear.

Any idea what happened to Jeremiah Pai? He looked good in the earlier rounds as well

Good to hear young guys like Smith, Anderson, Mateo & Cordoba are showing some promising signs though.

We definitely need Hopkins back in first grade. We need players with heart and passion for the jersey & Hoppo certainly has both as well as talent and experience.

I like the side you named but thats a very inexperienced bench. But maybe it is time to give the young blood a shot, surely they couldn't do any worse than the more experienced guys have done in recent weeks. We could probably do with Pearson coming back from that never ending back injury right about now couldn't we (although match fitness would be a problem).

I am sorry i did not mention the following players, who were on the bench.

1. Jeremiah Pai. Did not play a big role in the game. Played in the pack when on the field. Very impressed with his game about 3-4 weeks ago, but now out of favour.
2. Steve Mowbray. Played a short amount of time at fullback when Joel Reddy went off injured. Very promising player last year, however seems have lost his spot to Joel Reddy. Looks a little overweight, and underdone for football.
3. Jim Curtis. Much the same as Jeremiah Pai. Was very impressed with him a few weeks ago, and actually thought he wouldve been close to FG. Then what do you know, dropped to the bench in PL. Cannot fathom that, as he has been one of our best in the PL all year. I named in him my side above on the bench. Not a young man at 24, but could be another Adam Mogg and go elsewhere and play lots of FG.

As to your other point about the lack of experience on the bench, i agree. However, as stated in my review of the players performances, the most obvious guys to go into FG such as Kaufusi, Muckert, Muspratt, etc do not deserve the chance based on performance, in my opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks heaps for the report.

What's the go with Ashley Graham ?

Anyone.

Interresting comment that its the young kids that are carrying the team, not the recycled players.

Boris

Juniors
I enjoyed the PL game and have a few thoughts:

1. Joel Reddy. Improving - see how he goes the next few weeks. Burt and McKinnon still beter
2. Matt Gruzka. Good try - played ok. Still behind Peterson and Grothe
3. Ben Smith. :D Played very well. Could press for NRL position soon
4. Wise Kativerata. :D Played well and impressed. Seemed to be over knee injury. Centre looks a better position for him than wing. Set up tries.
5. Brett Anderson. I agree star of the future Good speed off the mark
6. Feleti Mateo. Average 5/8
7. Michael Witt. Getting better - not real sure on him and don't know why.
8. Josh Cordoba. Played well. Improving all the time
9. Shane Muspratt. Must be carrying an injury - no other excuse for an average game
10. Mal Kaufusi. Average game.
11. Chris Muckert. Very average game
12. Fred Petersen. Ok good and bad points
13. Lee Hopkins. :D Great game.

For NRL I would bring up Lee Hopkins, put Wise Kativerata and Ben Smith into centres which are good positions for them (piss off Langi and Burt from the centres). Thats just about all :clap:

Pazza

First Grade
As long as these young players can defend they should be given a shot in first grade. I really hope that Ben Smith is a good defencive centre cause that is just what Parramatta needs.

Redback71

First Grade
correct me if im wrong but didnt they flogg norths but your report in sounds like they lost

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i agree with both reviews except for this im sorry :oops:
two things:

newmanj said:
2. Steve Mowbray. Played a short amount of time at fullback when Joel Reddy went off injured. Very promising player last year, however seems have lost his spot to Joel Reddy. Looks a little overweight, and underdone for football.

Reddy got hurt? and here i was thinking i was paying attention for once, especially attention to this guy who i think will be a superstar..!! did it look bad, or just a sit out the rest of the game bad? he's been named this week

ive also been following Mowbray for a couple of years, and he actually spent most/all of last year out hurt, and i was happy to see him back this year, and in reasonable form for the very little game time he gets..

thats all tho, nothing major, you divvy reporters take away my purpose in life!!! ;-) i thought thats what i was for ;-) ;-) :lol:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Parramatta against St George:

1. Eric Grothe
2. Luke Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Feleti Mateo
5. B. Anderson

6. Chris Thorman
7. Tim Smith

13. Daniel Wagon
12. Lee Hopkins