What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier league semi?

innsaneink

Referee
Who won?

I heard a few scores on the radio, up to just before FT....Tigers were coming back, only 6 points behind.

What happened?

meltiger

First Grade
Saints forum were saying 26-18 as some below were saying.

:(

If that's the case a fair effort by the boys though against St George.

oro

Juniors
Although the performance by the Flegg side wasn't that great, a positive was the sighting of Luke Thompson at the ground. Hopefully 2005 will see Luke return to his best for the Tigers.

gemtiger

Juniors
meltiger said:
Saints forum were saying 26-18 as some below were saying.

:(

If that's the case a fair effort by the boys though against St George.

Final score was 28-18. Saints kicked a penalty goal just on full time.

Tigers would have had a better chance if they hadn't let the Dragons score 4 minutes before half time. Going into the sheds 8-4 down is better than 14-4 down but they pulled themselves together & got back to 14-12 12 minutes into the second half.

Luke Branighan had an off night with the boot (missed the first 3) & while I've always maintained that you shouldn't have to rely on your goalkicker to win the game this was one occasion when I was truly wishing he'd brought the right pair! Am slowly beginning to change that opinion now though.

Agree that it was a very fair effort from the boys as they were up against a team of fulltime players who'd belted them in their only meeting at Oki.

meltiger

First Grade
oro said:
Although the performance by the Flegg side wasn't that great, a positive was the sighting of Luke Thompson at the ground. Hopefully 2005 will see Luke return to his best for the Tigers.

They lost?

oro

Juniors
Yes. The Sharks played well ably assisted by some questionable decisions by the referee.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
meltiger said:
oro said:

They lost?

Yeah lost 26-24 after being down 26-6 with about 10minutes to go and we nearly got the win as well - we now play the Eels for a chance to play the bloody Roosters to make it too the GF :cry:

meltiger

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
meltiger said:
oro said:

They lost?

Yeah lost 26-24 after being down 26-6 with about 10minutes to go and we nearly got the win as well - we now play the Eels for a chance to play the bloody Roosters to make it too the GF :cry:

At least the positive is if they make it they should win :)

brook

First Grade
lol honestly after seeing what they did in the final 8 minutes against the sharks I maintain they can beat ANYONE - even easts

the trick is getting them to play like that for an entire game.

oro

Juniors
I have to say that I would like to see Nash back on the wing in place of Chapman. Hopefully Khmet will be fit to play as his footballing brain was sorely missed. I think Wara and Caldwell also backed up from the previous night Endeavour v Nth Queensland match.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
oro said:
I have to say that I would like to see Nash back on the wing in place of Chapman. Hopefully Khmet will be fit to play as his footballing brain was sorely missed. I think Wara and Caldwell also backed up from the previous night Endeavour v Nth Queensland match.

I have said this numerous amounts of times Chapman should be sacked and thrown away he really has no idea!!!!!

I thought our best was Wara against the sharks, he really did appear to be the only one who was willing to step up in attack and he was also defending a hell of alot in the middle of the park as well and boy did he put on some great shots.

Nashy should replace Chapman on the wing at least he can create something out of nothing and on Franco he is the least of the sides worries leading into this weekends games :cry:

brook

First Grade
oro said:
I have to say that I would like to see Nash back on the wing in place of Chapman.

agree 100% he offers so much in attack and is certainly no weaker in defence than chapman

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i couldnt make it but sounds like they should've won this had they been playing for the entire 80mins, at least they got a chance next week against Parra who they've beaten twice this season, trouble is, they win that and the roosters are next up.