What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Wrap

I have watched Pelo from schoolboys through to Qld Cup. And yes - we are in for some entertainment in the future. He's as hard as a forward and can motor across the turf. I've seen him pull off some major hits in Cup games. Burleigh had him on one wing and Aseri Laing on the other. Either way it was like two freight trains when they either ran up in defence or carted the ball forward.

Reefy - keep watching him.

imasharkie

Coach
Can anyone give us interstaters a full wrap on each of the players in PL. McSharkie you're great with reports and I think you said you were going to the game.

ali

Bench
blueboatboy2 said:
Can anyone give us interstaters a full wrap on each of the players in PL. McSharkie you're great with reports and I think you said you were going to the game.

Thats asking for a lot. Its always hard work watching PL, through lack of replays, talking to your mates etc. Oh yeah, and looking into the sun in that shithole of a ground, form at lteast 30m away. I did see the whole game, but missed Simmo's try. Unfrotunately, as it sounds like it was a beauty, reminiscant of one I saw Aitken set up for him in Flegg last year. I think within a year or so they'll be combining for trys like this in the top grade. Simmo played well, I was disappointed in Aitken, although hearing of this try I guess you could say he played ok. But for a player of his ability, he needs to get more involved. Dallalana did 95% of the kicking, and whilst Dalla has a good long boot, his short kicking game is only average. He also through a couple of hospital passes whilst drifting out to 5/8 in attack. So Tama, I don't want to see him in first grade as a 5/8. Aitken yes, but not for a few more rounds yet. I'm sure it was Aitken who actually kicked the field goal, and I'm hoping he will gain some much needed confidence out of this and start backing himself and calling for more ball.

Jon Green did look good. What he really has going for himself is a nice little sidestep as he hits the line. He also looked a bit bigger than last year, so maybe he could play firsts this year.

Pelo is not one of the bigger wingers you'll see, but he was outstanding. One run in the first half he would have beaten about 6 blokes coming off our line, and made about 40 metres. There were a couple of other good runs in the 2nd half. Great step, balance, and ability to shrug off defenders.

That hit by Newton was HUGE. Not sure how illegal it was, but he hammered the poor bloke.

Saleh played quite well, the intercept was well read.

Overall we were very good in the first half, leading 14-4 at the break, and their only try came right on halftime. We struggled a bit in the 2nd half, but hung on for the win.