What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preseason Chat with Michael Maguire

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Tuesday 28 January 2014 10:17 AM

Rabbitohs Head Coach Michael Maguire has been pleased by the level of attention and focus being shown by his playing squad in the preseason.
“I’m really pleased with how the players are working,” said Madge.
“They’re being very specific about what we’re trying to do every day, so pleased, but obviously we’ve got a way to go before our first game – we’ve got a game in two weeks. We’re really honing in on the things we want to improve at.”
The Rabbitohs’ class of 2014 have begun putting their game-faces on as positions go up for grabs for the upcoming season - a process Maguire has described as being 'competitive'.
“It’s pretty competitive,” admitted Maguire.
“You can see the boys are looking forward to games and that’s the reason why we’re here. I’d like to think we’re growing and we’re getting better.
“It will show I suppose in these next few weeks – the combinations are all improving and we’ve now sort of spent two years working away at the things we’re trying to do, but it’s great for myself that the players understand that and they’re really driving a lot of them.”
To watch the full interview, please press play on the video player.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Preseason-Chat-with-Michael-Maguire/89610

From this mornings Telegraph :

BUNNIES DEAL ALMOST ACROSS THE LINE

MICHAEL Maguire has told the South Sydney playing group he will be their coach beyond this season. But the finishing touches on Maguire's new contract remain a work-in-progress. Interestingly, Maguire's agent has been negotiating with Souths chairman Nick Pappas, who has then been liaising with the Rabbitohs board for the stamp of approval. For the sake of the Bunnies continued success, we hope it's sorted soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts