What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pride, honour, passion

Ant

Juniors
Yeah you had to impressed, that period in the 2nd half, after we got the ball back I just thought we had to win after that. It actually seemed to revitalise our team, and was a negative on the warriors energy levels.

Its a real team performance, but you have to praise a few things that individuals did.

Ben Smith, his general game was nothing amazing, but the courage he showed must have lifted the team. There he was in pain crawling on the ground, but jumps up and starts making tackles when we needed him. He stayed out there barely able to walk and kept making tackles. That was simply inspiring.

Nathan Cayless, I know Brett finch was in it too, but it was the strength and power of Cayless that saved that try, he was going over with finch doing a great job to stop him, then Caylo a prop comes charging over from centre field slamming his body in prevent the try. Awesome.

Hayne, after that brisbane game there were all these shouts of laying down, well hopefully last night that was put to rest. He was hammered last night (mainly legally), and when he copped those accidental full blooded knees to the head how many guys would have got up.

They were the courageous moments for me.

I also thought that Piggy really turned the momentum for us and has done on a number of times without getting too many mentions. His runs after that all that defence in the 2nd half were great. In general in a tight match I thought our piggy/pj combo was awesome. I'd add didn't Hindy look good with the ball last night, he took a power of stopping in the 2nd half.
I also thought Feleti was great, I wasn't sure how he would go in the finals, but great offloads really turned match for us.
Finchy, look may not be the most skillful half but does try his guts out and was involved in a number fo key moments.

Look attack wise it was a tough night, always going to be. It was cold and wet something players haven't dealt with for a while. The warriors came to play and to be honest if they overcome that shattering defeat they could go a long way.

I pointed out a few guys, but they key to last night is everyone tried hard, even when things went wrong it was usally through too much effort (like some of gurus wild tackles).

Warriors were tough, but to be honest over 80 mins I thought we looked more dangerous.

Overall great effort, now lick the wounds and get ready for next week.

strider

Post Whore
one other thing I tought was a BIG effort, but unfortunately was turned into a rort by dickwad bill harrigan (breath deep strides, let it go) - was that Chad Robinson chased half the field to be in a position to make a try saver - a 2nd rower chasing a kick play downfield in defence, not giving up .... he unfortunately got there 1/2 sec too early and the rest is history

but i thought it was typical of our player's efforts tonight - never gave up doing the hard work

Stagger eel

Staff member
there will always be a question mark surrounding our ability to grind out a tough one but i think last night showed that the enviornment we faced rivaled the likes of Brooky and olympic park, and that's what made it so special.

best away win since 1998 semi at ANZ.

Latest posts