What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prince breaking the kicking metres record

zaibatsu

Juniors
im not sure if this is old news but i noticed in big league this morning that scott prince broke the NRL record last week for metres gained from kicks in match, 764 metres from 20 kicks :shock: ... a great improvement :D

simon says

First Grade
His kicking was his best so far this year last game.He found space with his long kicks and pressured Parra with his bombs.A huge improvement in an area that needed improving.

This kid is really starting to become the complete package......go Scotty!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wrighty79

Juniors
Sheensie said last night, this is his first ever full season. The next 2 years are going to be exciting to see how far Scotty takes his potential.

innsaneink

Referee
Theres still too many poor 5th tackle options for my liking....there doesnt ALWAYS seem to be an alternative....this is bloody basic footy, theres no excuse.

HOT028

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
HOT028 said:
funny, i didn't think he kicked that well last week

i'm surpried that you remember he played last week. :alcho:

i was just going by instinct i think, it took me a while to even think about last weeks game, we played the dogs didn't we :lol: :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Wrighty79 said:
Yeah, but we've still won more games in our clubs history from 2001-2003 with this basic footy.

I mean 5th tackle options...catching....passes hitting the mark...2 in the tackle, its all bloody basic, and if we do it better than we do it now we win even more game.
Too many basic errors cost us this year.

cadburys

Juniors
For those who say scottys' kicking game is'nt good, well there's always
Chris Thorman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jy

Juniors
if we keep it simple against souths it should be enough to jag a win. complete our sets, good kick, good defence. the only worry is their back row. very good.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Our 5th tackle options have been consistently poor all season i think. Every game this season has seen us struggle on the last on a more than a few occasions. I dont think it's Prince taking too long either. I think firstly our biggest problem is the the play the ball on that last tackle in more often than not a dominant tackle, this then meaning the play the ball is too slow and defenses get up too quickly.

At other times the service out of dummy half hasnt been clean enough too, ultimately though the speed of the play the ball is where we let ourselves down.

jirskyr

Juniors
I watched the replay today, and our last try was pure Princey genius.

I didn't notice it the first time, but he palmed of Afamasaga then popped on the outside of Thorman, fending him off as he broke.

Just after fending Thorman his pass wwnt perfectly flat without going too close to the turning Parra defenders, hitting Moode on the chest.

CLASS!

Eddie.

Bench
Prince has had a very good season for a guy who had played close to no footy in 3 seasons, with no genuine 5/8 and a sluggish pack

He struggled in and around origin, but he is playing quality footy now and theres no doubt at all he will get better the more he plays.

Hope we have him for life.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Nice stat but it also means our forwards were not making the meters they should have been which is a real worry without skando in the team for this week.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Wade McKinnon also broke the NRL Record for most metres with the ball. Could of been because he had to do so much running.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I was shocked when I heard that this is Prince's first full season in the top grade.

He has been around for a while so it's surprising and he can only get better from here. I can't begin to imagine what we would have been like this year without him...

B_Tiger

Juniors
I think his kicking has been good all season. i'd say the metre record last week is due to quicker play the balls on the last, giving him more time and space to kick. Accuracy and consistency in a kicking game are excellent qualities in a kicker, and prince has both attributes.

Prince is one of the top halves in the game and without him we would be f**ked. He has a leading role in most our tries and is always threatening. can't wait to see benji and prince combine next season, it will be one the best halve pairings in the competition.

Latest posts