What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printer recognised but not scanner (same device)

T-Boon

Coach
Since updating to latest Windows I can print but not scan as it says "scanner not connected". ITS THE SAME DEVICE?
Anyone?
Upgrading software that does not need to be updated should never be done. It is a trap.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Upgrading software that does not need to be updated should never be done. It is a trap.

Looks like you're screwed if you don't want to reload the driver, must be a conspiracy against you.

T-Boon

Coach
Nah, seriously I rang Geekstoyourdoor and got a quote which made me sick so I worked out the issue. Which I did.

Parra

Referee
Nah, seriously I rang Geekstoyourdoor and got a quote which made me sick so I worked out the issue. Which I did.

Heard a bloke on the radio yesterday describe Geeks To You as a franschise bought by people who couldn't land a job with anyone else.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Since updating to latest Windows I can print but not scan as it says "scanner not connected". ITS THE SAME DEVICE?
Anyone?
I had this happen. It's a hardware issue.
Open your computer and remove your hard drive. It'll reset itself after 12 hours. Then put it back into your computer.
If it doesn't work the first time, don't worry. Sometimes you have to repeat the process 3 times to make it work.

Latest posts