What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the judiciary that needs to change.

fourplay

Juniors
According to the judiciary, playing in a grand final is no different to a round 3 clash vs Souths.

They believe that forcing a player out of a grand final imposes the same penalty as missing 1 game mid season.. or a pre-season trial game.

It defies common sense and logic. Faalogo has been suspended for 7 games now.. He could miss 2 sudden death semi finals, a grand final qualifier, a grand final, test matches and a tour overseas, which won't even count towards his suspension, and still more games next year.

What kind of judiciary system thinks a mid season game has the same worth as a grand final?

This isn't to argue Faalogo's suspension. Its about the absurd notion that a grand final is no different to a mid season clash or a trial game. They have a points/grading system for high tackles so surely they can distinguish between games of differing importance.

Fiddy

Juniors
fourplay said:
According to the judiciary, playing in a grand final is no different to a round 3 clash vs Souths.

They believe that forcing a player out of a grand final imposes the same penalty as missing 1 game mid season?

It defies common sense and logic. Faalogo has been suspended for 7 games now.. He could miss 2 sudden death semi finals, a grand final qualifier, a grand final, test matches and a tour overseas, which won't even count towards his suspension, and still more games next year.

What kind of judiciary system thinks a mid season game has the same worth as a grand final?

This isn't to argue Faalogo's suspension. Its about the absurd notion that a grand final is no different to a mid season clash. They have a points/grading system for high tackles so surely they can distinguish between games of differing importance.

If souths make it to the GF.. all the semis & and the gf count towards the suspension..

Unless i have misunderstood the rule for trillion years

fourplay

Juniors
50centforlife said:
If souths make it to the GF.. all the semis & and the gf count towards the suspension..

Unless i have misunderstood the rule for trillion years

Ahh I mean the All golds games at the end of the year, because he probably won't even be considered for selection.

Fiddy

Juniors
fourplay said:
Ahh I mean the All golds games at the end of the year, because he won't even be considered for selection.

Ah ok - misunderstood that.

Despite all this.. He did the crime and thus he must do the time.

Fa'alogo knew heading into the game that souths were in the semis - He lacked the self-discipline to control himself and lost it. Thats life i guess..

Charlie124

First Grade
Stupidest thread of the year!

If you dont want to miss a grand final (or finals games) then dont jump up and snot someone in the mouth. Simple. Carl Webb did the same thing in 05 and was rightly suspended for it.

The time of year doesnt make the offence any more or less serious.

Fiddy

Juniors
Nah it's not stupidest thread of the year.

I can kind of understand what he is trying to say.. but i don't agree.

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:
Ahh I mean the All golds games at the end of the year, because he probably won't even be considered for selection.

Boo hoo. He should have thought about that before being a idiot and belting Anasta! No one is at fault EXCEPT Faalogo himself and if he misses finals matches and test matches due to his stupidity, then fair enough. We don't need dead thugs in our game!

fourplay

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Stupidest thread of the year!

If you dont want to miss a grand final (or finals games) then dont jump up and snot someone in the mouth. Simple. Carl Webb did the same thing in 05 and was rightly suspended for it.

The time of year doesnt make the offence any more or less serious.

Looks like you just made the stupidest post of the year because I never said it makes an offense less serious. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!!

The offense is exactly the same, but the punishment is drastically different.

Lets say two players make identical accidental high tackles.

One player misses a grand final

the other misses a pre season trial game vs the Uginda Dingbats.

In the eyes of the judiciary, missing the grand final is an equal punishment to missing the pre-season trial game, when clearly that is not the case.

Fiddy

Juniors
fourplay said:
Looks like you just made the stupidest post of the year because I never said it makes an offense less serious. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!!

In the eyes of the judiciary, missing the grand final is an equal punishment to missing the pre-season trial game, When clearly that is not the case.

I know this may sound like a lame response.. but i am sorry to say but .. well that's just tough luck.

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:

In the eyes of the judiciary, missing the grand final is an equal punishment to missing the pre-season trial game, when clearly that is not the case.

Alternatively..and here is a drastic solution..don't commit any foul play! There is no need for it in our game!

fourplay

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Alternatively..and here is a drastic solution..don't commit any foul play! There is no need for it in our game!

So how is missing a grand final an equal punishment to missing a trial game?

Same offense, yet different punishment.
innsaneink said:
GFs should count as 3 matches served.
Semis= 2 matches.

Fair argument

Someone with a brain has finally posted.. (besides fiddy)

Charlie124

First Grade
its not a different punishment.

1 match is 1 match. just dont belt someone and youll be fine

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:
So how is missing a grand final an equal punishment to missing a trial game?

Same offense, yet different punishment.

Yep, I see no problem with the current system. You cannot WEIGHT games. It is just stupid. As it is the current system promotes fair play, and if you happen to commit a low offence you won't miss a GF anyway. But if you commit a high tacle and you have a record and miss a GF as a result well boo hoo, serves you right for doing the wrong thing. There is no need to hit blokes high! And there is no need for foul play, period.

fourplay

Juniors
The only way its not a different punishment is if you choose to be ignorant and pretend that a grand final is not any different to a pre-season trial game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:
The only way its not a different punishment is if you choose to be ignorant and pretend that a grand final is not any different to a pre-season trial game.

Your argument is getting more stupid by the minute! Hello..you don't commit the crime, you don't miss a GF! That may tell you that if you play hard and fair and within the rules you will be fine. Players should be careful the week before a GF!

fourplay

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Your argument is getting more stupid by the minute! Hello..you don't commit the crime, you don't miss a GF! That may tell you that if you play hard and fair and within the rules you will be fine. Players should be careful the week before a GF!

OMFG you have completely missed the point. My argument is that a GRAND FINAL is DIFFERENT to a PRE SEASON TRIAL GAME but in the eyes of the judiciary they are the SAME. When clearly they are DIFFERENT. Just stop posting and go jerk off to pictures of Michael Witt.