What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with the judiciary that needs to change.

lockyno1

Post Whore
They are the same- they are one game. Does not matter whether it is a GF or a club game or a SOO game. I have ZERO sympathy for people missing games through their own stupidity. There is no need for foul play in our game, and there is definately no need for foul play in the final series! A grand final is no different- it is 80 minutes of league. Just one game, the grand final is just one game and everyone knows that you should be careful before a GF. If you are about to do something stupid, then maybe you should think twice about doing it.

voltron

Juniors
hahhaa
this is the same cr@p that came up last year when buderus accidently spear tackled the manly winger
although i wish he wasnt suspended
the idea of weighting is stupid
if u miss an origin game then?
wat about a do or die game?
how do u give games weighting?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Fourplay, trying to have a decent conversation with Lockynoi is like trying to get a nutritoius meal at Maccas. No matter how hard you try.........

What Lockynoi is saying is that if cutie and Heather were both suspended for one match, but cutie missed the GF and Heather missed the pre season charity touch game v Cunnamulla Dickheads, they would both feel exactly the same angst. Therefore, grand finals and premierships really are just another game. Therefore, when he/she tries to win arguments with the old stalwhart "We won more comps", one can reply with the equally weighty "We won more trials v bush clubs".

lockyno1

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Fourplay, trying to have a decent conversation with Lockynoi is like trying to get a nutritoius meal at Maccas. No matter how hard you try.........

What Lockynoi is saying is that if cutie and Heather were both suspended for one match, but cutie missed the GF and Heather missed the pre season charity touch game v Cunnamulla Dickheads, they would both feel exactly the same angst. Therefore, grand finals and premierships really are just another game. Therefore, when he/she tries to win arguments with the old stalwhart "We won more comps", one can reply with the equally weighty "We won more trials v bush clubs".

Hunt and Lockyer are not dirty players unlike Faalogo!

shiznit

Coach
Fa'alogo had a brain snap... as far as i know he doesnt have a history at the judiciary so i dont see how you can call him dirty....

when joey retired from footy i didnf see anyone call him dirty despite elbowing Dykes in the face...

and as for cutie.. atleast Fa'alogo remembers where he comes from... unlike that little scumbag...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bit of a difference between a low striking charge (johns) and a deliberate king hit (faalogo)

Danish

Referee
innsaneink said:
GFs should count as 3 matches served.
Semis= 2 matches.

Fair argument

So are you saying that short of a person committing a grade 4 or 5 level offence in a pre-liminary final, anything goes?

what a stupid, stupid idea.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Another way of looking at it, had Fa'alongo (how do you spell that again???) king hit Anasta in a GF aka Lamb/Hanly in 88, would his 7 match suspension carry equal weight?

Lockynoi, nutrition never gets past your neck, does it.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
BTW, I fail to see how snotting Anasta is a stupid act at all!

Ignore the fact it was Anasta. When Morley sholdered Walker last yr souths fans went nuts, and its not as though Morley thought im going to take him out it was just a tackle that went badly wrong.

Danish

Referee
Morley's tackle didn't go wrong at all.

No one besides Morley, prior or since, has been charged with making conact with the head in a shoulder tackle, despite several opportunities presenting themselves.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
Danish said:
Morley's tackle didn't go wrong at all.

No one besides Morley, prior or since, has been charged with making conact with the head in a shoulder tackle, despite several opportunities presenting themselves.

Wrong in the way or a player getting injured. We all know with morley no matter what he did he was going to be charged.

skeepe

Immortal
fourplay said:
OMFG you have completely missed the point. My argument is that a GRAND FINAL is DIFFERENT to a PRE SEASON TRIAL GAME but in the eyes of the judiciary they are the SAME. When clearly they are DIFFERENT.

Just like in other sports around the world. Take soccer for example. If you get a red card, it doesn't matter whether the match you miss is a meaningless early-round cup tie against a team 5 divisions below you, or a Champions League final. You are still suspended - although the difference there is that domestic suspensions don't rule you out of internationals, which is something I think the NRL should look at. Why should a New Zealand player be prevented playing against Great Britain because he committed an offence in an Australian club competition?