What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profiles Are Up!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I disagree there.

Goodwin is not a fringe first grader...

Look at the percentage of games he's played compared to what he hasn't....

Do I have to dig up the stats like I've done before??? You are wrong on this one....

I don't believe Lote was a fringe first grader either......

Nor do I believe at the time Clark, Lowe were regular bench players who were mainly up for it.....

Tyrrell was in much better form back then too....

Imo you are over exaggerating....

At the start as well Merritt was a regular first grader and no one could see he'd deteriorate so fast....

I only see 3 fringe players back in that moment......

-Goodwin was a minimum wage player we signed from the Bulldogs NSW Cup team.

-Lote played 4 games in 2013 and had spent the majority of 2011-2013 on the sidelines.

-Part time bench players are the definition of fringe first graders

-Tyrrell was averaging 52m a game in 2014.

-Merritt played 12 games and held on longer than form warranted so he could get the try scoring record.

But hey, even if I give you all of them, that's still like 15 "first graders" in a premiership winning year.

You're saying the sky is falling because we're going into this year with 14.

You're so determined to be negative you can't even follow your own logic mate.

TheDefender

Juniors

-Lote played 4 games in 2013 and had spent the majority of 2011-2013 on the sidelines.

-Merritt played 12 games and held on longer than form warranted so he could get the try scoring record.

But hey, even if I give you all of them, that's still like 15 "first graders" in a premiership winning year.

Must remember that it’s his ridiculous rankings, all these boys are more than capable of making first grade or they wouldn’t be there

TheDefender

Juniors
But we can easily lose them in the next couple of years when they are set to become something and then they could go elsewhere..... Angus may be an example of this.......

Then you're back to square 1.

It’s about forming the kind of environment for these fellas to want to play & excell, the kind of positivite environment that other players want to buy into

We’re starting to regain that stability with a group of young players, we’re doing nothing wrong & plenty of things right, exciting times

Rabbits20

Immortal

I know who you are...

It's obvious to me...

Nice facade you are putting on;)

Rabbits20

Immortal

I have been through our squad in depth already....

I know what I see.

17 first graders there plus we had a great run with injuries...

So you honestly think Sam and GI are going to reach that peak again???

Crichton doesn't hit as hard as Te'o did.

You honestly think the twins will reach those heights again??

Not all the young blokes are gonna turn out like the 2014 ones...

We could have the NRL rookie show with our squad next season and halfway through only problem would be you can't cut the shit....... younhave to stick with it.

Goodwin played international football and 20 games an avg on season with us. Yet you try turn a blind eye to that.

Lote had bad bad injuries but he wasn't a fringe first grader.

I haven't seen our full 2014 squad to know if you are hiding any players in that list.....

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Exciting, capable, young squad that should be raring to go, I’m looking forward to seeing these blokes get some opportunities, top 8 beckons, possibly better
2019 imo......

I'm not going to be fooled into false sense of victory that turns to failure once more..

No sugar coating from me currently.

I'm with DKOR on this.

Last edited:

TheDefender

Juniors
I know who you are...

It's obvious to me...

Nice facade you are putting on;)
2019 imo......

I'm not going to be fooled into false sense of victory that turns to failure once more..

No sugar coating from me currently.

I'm with DKOR on this.

I wish you’d stop mentioning how you don’t like sugar, it’s giving me the tom tits
I don’t have your negative perception, it’s painful

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I have been through our squad in depth already....

I know what I see.

17 first graders there plus we had a great run with injuries...

So you honestly think Sam and GI are going to reach that peak again???

Crichton doesn't hit as hard as Te'o did.

You honestly think the twins will reach those heights again??

Not all the young blokes are gonna turn out like the 2014 ones...

We could have the NRL rookie show with our squad next season and halfway through only problem would be you can't cut the shit....... younhave to stick with it.

Goodwin played international football and 20 games an avg on season with us. Yet you try turn a blind eye to that.

Lote had bad bad injuries but he wasn't a fringe first grader.

I haven't seen our full 2014 squad to know if you are hiding any players in that list.....
:joy: Now you're resorting to shitting on Sam, G.I and Crichton.

Your desperation to be negative has killed any credibility you might have had mate.

rabbitohs95

Bench
INS:

Jesse Arthars: Young gun outside back that was top pointscorer in the NYC and can goalkick
Dean Britt: Young backrower who showed good promise in his first hitout with us
Dane Gagai: One of the best outside backs in his prime and the best voted Origin players of 2017
Richie Kennar: Able to add depth to the backs and could recapture form
Mark Nicholls: Solid backup prop that is an upgrade on any of our last few backups

UPGRADES:

Josh Cook: Up and coming hooker and junior with plenty of promise
Adam Doueihi: Young gun big bodied five-eighth that has already played for the Bears and Lebanon at 19
Dean Hawkins: Great little half with plenty of control and played well in the 20's at 18
Mawene Hiroti: Aussie Schoolboys and NZ 18's rep with plenty of size and speed
Sam Johnstone: Big prop that dominated the 20's and is one for the future
Ky Rodwell: Another front rower that was great for our 20's and played Australian Schoolboys
Lucky Ta'avale: Versatile forward who was a star for our 20's side
Tyrone Taukamo: Rugby Schoolboys superstar and Souths junior who is still only 18 and is continuing to grow physically and as a player

OUTS:

Anthony Cherrington: Only played a handful of games and struggled
Bryson Goodwin: Solid outside back who would be missed if not for the Gagai signing which is a total upgrade.
Jack Gosiewski: Young but struggled with injuries and would barely play any NRL because of our quality depth in the backrow
Aaron Gray: Had potential but struggled with injuries and never reached his potential (which I hope he does at Cronulla) but again Gagai is an improvement
Brett Greinke: Had potential but again was behind a bunch of players in the pack, struggled with injury and never ended up debuting
Gabe Hamlin: Promising but made a last minute backflip after signing and won't be a direct threat/loss as he is going to England
Luke Kelly: Played 2 games and was barely used
Dane Nielsen: Never fit in and
Robbie Rochow: Played a handful of games and gave up and went to Melbourne
Toby Rudolf: Never kicked on and struggled to make the Bears bench
Dave Tyrrell: Stalwart who just struggled in his last few seasons unfortunately

I don't see why people are upset at this squad!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I wish you’d stop mentioning how you don’t like sugar, it’s giving me the tom tits
I don’t have your negative perception, it’s painful
I love my sugar...

It's called a figure of words....

Realism as well and the mod on this site happens to say pretty much what I'm saying....

I respect your views and I want us to be successful I really do as a diamond member I am of our club and going into my 8th yr of membership and I'll always renew but I call it as I see it.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
:joy: Now you're resorting to shitting on Sam, G.I and Crichton.

Your desperation to be negative has killed any credibility you might have had mate.
Not shitting on them at all...

I love these 3 guys.......

GI won't be the same again though and that's reality.....

Sam will be very very good for us once again but I can't see him reaching the peak of his power again like 2014. He was just magnificent......

As for Crichton he's great but imo Te'o had better defence........

I don't wish to get into the argument of comparing the 2 either......

You need to learn some respect mate and life isn't always all hunky dory and a bed of roses..........

I'm entitled to my view as are you and there isn't a need to start getting personal or anything... that's just childish.....

TheDefender

Juniors
I love my sugar...

It's called a figure of words....

Realism as well and the mod on this site happens to say pretty much what I'm saying....

I respect your views and I want us to be successful I really do as a diamond member I am of our club and going into my 8th yr of membership and I'll always renew but I call it as I see it.......

“A figure of words” hmmm I like lots of “O”s & “Q”s, they provide nice figures, it’s a circular thing ive got going

Tell me old chap, who is this “Realism” do I know her? Her & the mod are backing you up I take it?

Can’t argue with that, some heavy hitters you’ve got there!!

Sugar sugar you were my candy girlllll & You got me wantin you

Rabbitoad

Juniors
GI won't be the same again though and that's reality.....
No, it's just your ridiculously negative slant on the situation.

Billy Slater just returned from two years away and he's playing as well as he ever has.

There's nothing to suggest Inglis won't do the some, you're just saying he won't because it fits your "sky is falling" narrative.

I'm entitled to my view as are you and there isn't a need to start getting personal or anything... that's just childish.....

As I'm entitled to give my view on what you've said when you post it in a public forum.

I just meant that I'm not going to bother trying to have a logical conversation with you when you're so determined to be negative that you'll shit on three of the best players in the sport.

Didn't mean it personally mate. Apologies if you took it to heart.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm not shitting on them. You are incorrect....

I'm calling it as I see it.

Of course GI can still be very very good but I think he's past his peak.

Sam can still be great too but I think he's past his peak.

They are still match winners but as they get older and more wear and tear on their bodies more injuries can happen unfortunately.....

I'm a massive fan of Angus too so need for you to get twisted..... I'd be absolutely gutted if Angus goes.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Inglis can easily return to his best. Just like Jonathan Thurston will and Billy Slater already has. I'm still of the opinion that he should be playing centre but I am definitely optimistic he can return to his best playing at fullback. Seibold wants to get him much more involved and has stated this numerous times. There were countless times this year where Souths would of scored if GI was on the field. That's just the kind of player he is. He is an absolute superstar and worth every cent.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I think overall the squad has a good mix of established NRL players, those fringe players pushing for regular NRL and now a good bunch of youngsters who will add energy and enthusiasm into the group.

Still think maybe we are an established top 17 Prop & outside back short

De tmTrajic

Juniors
So much negativity.

In 2014 we started the season with 10 established first graders (the four Burgess brothers, G.I, Bully, McQueen, Reynolds, Sutton and Te'o), 2 guys in their second year (Keary and Walker), 5 debutants (Auva'a, Johnston, Koroisau, McInnes and Turner), 2 guys who didn't get through the season (Champion and Merritt) and 8 fringe players who were probably lucky to get contracts (Clark, Goodwin, Lowe, Neale, Picker, Reddy, Tuqiri and Tyrrell).

That squad won a premiership.

Compare that to our current squad.

We have more depth across the park and a whole bunch of kids ready to take off the way Johnston, Walker, Keary and Auva'a did in 2014.

Again, if you're this determined to be miserable, nothing is going to make you happy.
I totally agree. There seems to be a lot of youthful energy in the squad. Would of loved to have gotten Cronk but now, i at least, have one more reason to hate the Woosters.

Latest posts