What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promotion from Wenty

emjaycee

Coach
Can anyone tell me whether or not we have promoted anyone from Wenty to make their NRL DEBUT this year?

I know it has been used for players coming back from injury, but wondering if anyone has debuted from Wenty?

Hellsy

Immortal
Exactly.... so it's hard to even really think of it as a true call-up when they named him Rd 1 after going with him through the trials...

eelz47

Coach
and i dont think it will be anytime soon

unless we get hit with some forward injuries

George 07

Juniors
It seems ridiculous to me that noone has been promoted - they performed brilliantly against an NRL forward pack playing for windsor on the weekend - yet they cant get into 1st grade and hardly any of them are signed up for next year. Im Baffled!

fish eel

Immortal
Are the guys in wenty who havent played before, outside the top 25?

could it be the salary cap?

bartman

Immortal
* Sorry, Parra-All-The-Way beat me to it... *

What about Joe Gulavao?

He'd have to count as a mid-season debut from Wenty?

emjaycee

Coach
* Sorry, Parra-All-The-Way beat me to it... *

What about Joe Gulavao?

He'd have to count as a mid-season debut from Wenty?

Except he didnt make his NRL debut from Wenty - he made his Parra debut.

The reason for this thread is I am going to be asking Hages the question at the STH forum - "Why havent we seen anyone make their NRL debut from Wenty? We have seen a number from NYC but none from NSW Cup. Please explain?".

bartman

Immortal
Fair enough re Joe.

I gues Hagan's use of either Wenty or U20s for pulling people up for their first grade debut simply comes down to the age of the particular player(s) he thinks are up for it.

The only one's he's given a debut to thsi year are Williams and K Keating, is that right?

emjaycee

Coach
Fair enough re Joe.

I gues Hagan's use of either Wenty or U20s for pulling people up for their first grade debut simply comes down to the age of the particular player(s) he thinks are up for it.

The only one's he's given a debut to thsi year are Williams and K Keating, is that right?

Did Tautai debut this year from NYC?

Bartman, your comment about the age is interesting - surely we arent likely to get any hard hitting, big bopper forwards from NYC that are big enough or old enough to handle NRL. Thats what Wenty should be for. The 21-23 year old Mannahs, Wrights, Horo's etc..

fish eel

Immortal
Did Tautai debut this year from NYC?

Bartman, your comment about the age is interesting - surely we arent likely to get any hard hitting, big bopper forwards from NYC that are big enough or old enough to handle NRL. Thats what Wenty should be for. The 21-23 year old Mannahs, Wrights, Horo's etc..

TT started in round 1 as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Etu Uasele
Tim Mortimer
Iwi Hauraki
James Grehan
James Maloney
Mark O Grady
Justin Horo
Brod Wright
Jeremy Latimore
Marty Mitchell
Nathan Cleaver
Alf Betham
Jono Wright
Jacob Byrne
Michael Woodlands

all played for Wenty and have not played first grade at all, while..

Mark Lulland (Balmain 99)
Joe Gulavao
Tood Lowrie
Eric Grothe

have played firstgrade at some stage and have extended stints with Wenty.

Latest posts