What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prophecy

Meth

Staff member
Obviously, with so many rounds to go, we are really in no position to confidently say who will contest the finals- but let's see who amongst us can get the closest.

Here's the current standings, with one game to be played (Wests v NQ)

Dragons
Panthers
Wests Tigers
Roosters
Warriors
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Titans

I predict that the season will conclude with a reshuffle of these teams. Here is my prediction;

Dragons
Panthers
Sea Eagles
Broncos
Warriors
Titans
Roosters
Tigers

Last edited:

ozenzud

Juniors
Typically, a tally of 30 points gets you into the semis. We are on 24. Our for and against is improving but still negative.

ONe game to play v Cronulla, doesn't mean an automatic two points, but you'd expect on form to win. Tough games at home, but games we could win. 3 out of 7 to get into finals.

To get into the top 4, well that would be a special result for this team, this year. Sam Rapira back in the next few weeks, Ta'ai in some form and Lui Matalino going great guns. Issac John's injury is the one that disappoints me.

If Manu can stay fit.................calm down, calm down

Martli

Coach
Of the teams on 22/24 (tigers still to play) we have the 2nd worst points differential with the Titans having the worst. Rabbitohs have a much better differential but are on 20 points, if they string a few wins together (which they are more than capable of) then they're in with a chance too. 30 points might not be enough with our points differential, so we'd need to get a couple of big wins which is entirely possible since we're playing the sharks and knights. In my opinion all the 7 games we have left are entirely winnable, with Souths next week looking the toughest, and then perhaps Paramatta (they seem to be finding their form again) and Brisbane who are always a tough challenge. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we dropped the souths game: they're due for a win and we've just had to massive back to back defensive efforts, but the the sharks and knights are must wins, and it'd be good to get one back on the Titans after they just beat us at the start of the season.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the benefit for us is the titans and tigers are playing very poorly at the moment. the issue is that the tigers are terrible but are still winning.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Colour me optimistic, but this is what i'm getting.

This is banking on losses to the Rabbits, Eels, and Sea Eagles.

1. Dragons (40)
2. Sea Eagles (34)
3. Warriors (34)
4. Panthers (32)
5. Rabbitohs (32)
6. Broncos (32)
7. Tigers (32)
8. Roosters (32)

Finals games against the Broncos, Rabbits and Sea Eagles (winning all of them).

Then we play the Dragons in the Grand Final, and defeat them.

Last edited:

Skinner

Coach
Dragons will choke, WE WIN THE COMP!!!

Well wazz, I love your confidence. Not sure about the Drags choking. Benny doesn't allow that twice in a row.

I don't know (obviously) the final make up, but I feel the Titans will slide out. Manly will go one way or the other, but just beware the Roosters.

One Warrior

Bench
Well wazz, I love your confidence. Not sure about the Drags choking. Benny doesn't allow that twice in a row.

I don't know (obviously) the final make up, but I feel the Titans will slide out. Manly will go one way or the other, but just beware the Roosters.

Feel the same on Titans, Manly great in first half crap in second, Tigers fans very down on their team at the moment, mainly giving it to their coach for his selection decisions. Dragons will not make same mistakes twice, will win minor premiership, will not go out in first two weeks of finals, will lose either preliminary or grand final to a team running hot. And us, we'll make the finals and then????

Drzoidberg

Juniors
This is harder now than it was at the start of the season haha

but I'll give it a stab.....

dragons
panthers
tigers
warriors or manly
manly or warriors
roosters
bunnys
eels or broncos

LeagueNut

First Grade
Colour me optimistic, but this is what i'm getting.

This is banking on losses to the Rabbits, Eels, and Sea Eagles.

1. Dragons (40)
2. Sea Eagles (34)
3. Warriors (34)
4. Panthers (32)
5. Rabbitohs (32)
6. Broncos (32)
7. Tigers (32)
8. Roosters (32)

Finals games against the Broncos, Rabbits and Sea Eagles (winning all of them).

Then we play the Dragons in the Grand Final, and defeat them.
I'm desperately trying not to get too optimistic, but the prospect of a Warriors vs Broncos finals clash at Mt Smart is getting me foaming at the mouth. :pray::pray:

ozreece77

Juniors
The comp is so even it will be decided by injuries to players.
Dragons 1st
Penrith 2nd
Manly 3rd
Broncos 4th=
Roosters 4th=
Warriors 4th=
Tigers 7th
Souths 8th=

Positions 4-6 will be decided on for and against I reckon. And Souths will sneak into 8th on points differential.

I have looked at all the upcoming games and decided on possible winners and this is what i came up with. But yeah, anyone that gets a key injury and they could become toast. Eg Manly lose Lyons, Warriors lose Manu, Tigers lose Farah or Marshall, Broncos lose Lockyer, Roosters lose Pearce etc.
Thats how i see it anyway.

Meth

Staff member
In saying all of this, we seem to be banking on the Warriors finishing well against teams that are of perhaps of a lesser quality than the teams that we have performed well against in the last 2 weeks. That doesn't sound like the Warriors I know

ozreece77

Juniors
In saying all of this, we seem to be banking on the Warriors finishing well against teams that are of perhaps of a lesser quality than the teams that we have performed well against in the last 2 weeks. That doesn't sound like the Warriors I know

yeh, i would hate to drop that away game to the Sharks. But its possible depending on what Sharks team turns up. Wish we had played them on the weekend as they totally bludged.

ozreece77

Juniors

joseph1

Juniors
1) Dragons
2) Roosters
3) Tigers
4) Panthers
5) Warriors
6) Broncos
7) Sea Eagles
8) Eels

the race is really hotting up. Penrith to slip down. Roosters to get the 2 spot (huge in mcintyre coz of the direct preliminary final after first week). Watch out for the roosters. They could go unbeaten from here on in..