What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed NRL Expansion

Milhouse2020

Juniors
the best way for the NRL to expand is by establishing a 2nd division of the existing comp. A 2nd division of the NRL would look something like this:

1. Ipswich Jets
2. Central Queensland Capras
3. Townsville Blackhawks
4. Western Clydesdales
5. Eastern Raptors
6. Northern Thunder RLFC
7. South Perth Lions
8. Sunshine Coast Falcons
9. Adelaide Plains Brothers
10. Tuggeranong Bushrangers
11. Illawarra Cutters
12. Mounties RLFC
13. MEC Black Swans
14. Victoria Thunderbolts
15. West Coast Pirates
16. Joondalup Giants
17. Wellington Orcas

justadragon

Bench
the best way for the NRL to expand is by establishing a 2nd division of the existing comp. A 2nd division of the NRL would look something like this:

1. Ipswich Jets
3. Townsville Blackhawks
4. Western Clydesdales
5. Eastern Raptors
6. Northern Thunder RLFC
7. South Perth Lions
11. Illawarra Cutters
12. Mounties RLFC
13. MEC Black Swans
15. West Coast Pirates
16. Joondalup Giants
17. Wellington Orcas
You forgot tot put the Dargons in there mate, just to round it up to 18th.

justadragon

Bench
Where do the Dargons play? Asking for a friend.
ok, so you missed a laughable moment accomplished by the Dragons Football Club. It happened at Jack Bird's 150th NRL game. The Dragons in all their wisdom had a commemorative jersey made up for him and in a truly embarrassing fashion miss spelt the word Dragons on his jumper, it was spelt Dargons :) And whilst he was being interviewed on national tv it was there for all to see.

Rod Coil

Juniors
ok, so you missed a laughable moment accomplished by the Dragons Football Club. It happened at Jack Bird's 150th NRL game. The Dragons in all their wisdom had a commemorative jersey made up for him and in a truly embarrassing fashion miss spelt the word Dragons on his jumper, it was spelt Dargons :) And whilst he was being interviewed on national tv it was there for all to see.
No Regerts.

blue bags

First Grade
And what about the date. Mix up
Embroidery wrong date on jersey

1. Ipswich Jets
3. Townsville Blackhawks
4. Western Clydesdales
5. Eastern Raptors
6. Northern Thunder RLFC
7. South Perth Lions
11. Illawarra Cutters
12. Mounties RLFC
13. MEC Black Swans
15. West Coast Pirates
16. Joondalup Giants
17. Wellington Orcas
I've always felt, but never posted, the reason we have not got the talent to expand the game is that we don't have a true NRL reserve grade.

Like when my mates and I used to train-it to Carlton in the 70's and watch all three grades.

A reserve grade should be policed with a secondary Salary cap so that older players and fringe players can earn a healthy income without losing them to the ESL, second Division or country leagues.

You then get a good mix of professionals with youth. The games are tougher than Flegg/KOE. Us fans get to see old favourites and upcoming talent.

A true stepping stone for first Grade and equals more identified talent who have learnt their trade off old warriors, both playing with and against.

I'm sure I've missed many other positives and I'm equally sure there are also many reasons why not. But, if NRL's ambition is for a premium national/international league product, it's a must for expansion to succeed. .