What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proposed NRL Expansion

No need to google yet. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Same as 92, 93, 96 & 99. Was at all those GF losses as well. All very painful in their own special ways.
Good on you Rod

Most of those years as a young bloke, I had erm...other priorities, perhaps in high heels.

Though I always watched the dragons play, I didn't get into the stats/players/Juniors/recruitment as perhaps I do now. Though some of that era sticks with me.

I saw on another thread that a poster was still bitter about the manly game- a fortnight ago

Me - I'm still bitter when Allan Langer sung 'St George can't play football' after 1993 Grand Final

Anyway great to be speaking/texting a true fan.

blue bags

First Grade
Yep, 1985. Chris Guider.
I was there. 2 out of 3 wins. Sadly lost first grade.
I was there as well
Absolutely travesty disappointed 😞
Dragons didn't win NRL 1st grade title
We lost 6_ 5 to Bulldogs 😞
Dragons winger Slippery Morris
scored in the corner . But it was to late
Bulldogs defence whole game was to much
Dragons should have won all 3 grades
All 3 Grand Finals that Day
Very disappointing feeling's

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I was there as well
Absolutely travesty disappointed 😞
Dragons didn't win NRL 1st grade title
We lost 6_ 5 to Bulldogs 😞
Dragons winger Slippery Morris
scored in the corner . But it was to late
Bulldogs defence whole game was to much
Dragons should have won all 3 grades
All 3 Grand Finals that Day
Very disappointing feeling's
7-6 and the Easter Egg kicked the Field Goal....

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
No need to google yet. Remember it like it was yesterday.
Same as 92, 93, 96 & 99. Was at all those GF losses as well. All very painful in their own special ways.
92, Never really had a chance
93 We should have won that one, played our shittest game ever, didnt help that we lost Jason Stevens and from memory BSmith brought on JHardy to replace him instead of Tierney.
96 DManson murdered us with his crap call on Ridge who was tackled but said play on and the Sea Queen's scoring a try right on half time, Killing the fairytale
99 Game was wrapped up by 1/2 time, when Harrigan decided to let the Storm get away with grubby tactics in the 2nd half and then that penalty try, i cried.....

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I can't imagine the dragons as being too forward thinking (hope I'm wrong) but the new expansion team will be another competitor for recruitment. Our gun SG ball team will be in the right age bracket as targets for them. The NRL will also want them to succeed so who knows what kind of leg up they'll receive. We need to be very good with our recruitment strategy in the next few years because the market will be getting more & more competitive.

justadragon

Bench
I can't imagine the dragons as being too forward thinking (hope I'm wrong) but the new expansion team will be another competitor for recruitment. Our gun SG ball team will be in the right age bracket as targets for them. The NRL will also want them to succeed so who knows what kind of leg up they'll receive. We need to be very good with our recruitment strategy in the next few years because the market will be getting more & more competitive.
Well one thing is for sure, if it's PNG then I dont want to hear about players not wanting to go to the Gong !!! But would prefer Port Moresby, enjoy getting looked at like a 3 course meal boys !!!

Rod Coil

Juniors
92, Never really had a chance
93 We should have won that one, played our shittest game ever, didnt help that we lost Jason Stevens and from memory BSmith brought on JHardy to replace him instead of Tierney.
96 DManson murdered us with his crap call on Ridge who was tackled but said play on and the Sea Queen's scoring a try right on half time, Killing the fairytale
99 Game was wrapped up by 1/2 time, when Harrigan decided to let the Storm get away with grubby tactics in the 2nd half and then that penalty try, i cried.....
Perfect summary. I was going to provide a memory from each game but you nailed all 4 exactly !

Maybe 99, add 14 nil haftime and Mundine not passing to unmarked man, instead putting the ball on a guys foot. Bombing a certain try. While it doesn’t make up for it, the week before’s win against the Sharks was probably his best game ever for us.

blue bags

First Grade
Perfect summary. I was going to provide a memory from each game but you nailed all 4 exactly !

Maybe 99, add 14 nil haftime and Mundine not passing to unmarked man, instead putting the ball on a guys foot. Bombing a certain try. While it doesn’t make up for it, the week before’s win against the Sharks was probably his best game ever for us.
He had 2 players unmarked on his left shoulder
If only he passed