What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protected Species??

Just watched the Storm Chooks game and fair play the Storm were the better team but seriously are Smith, Slater and Cronk the three most protected species in the game when it comes to refereeing.

Smith - constant holding down, dodgy wrestling moves, hand on the ball, forward passes....guess what - no penalties

Cronk - ditto

As for Slater well he can knock on , throw gridiron passes, kick players the lot and nothing is called.

Good luck NSW

bellyache

Bench
Just watched the Storm Chooks game and fair play the Storm were the better team but seriously are Smith, Slater and Cronk the three most protected species in the game when it comes to refereeing.

Smith - constant holding down, dodgy wrestling moves, hand on the ball, forward passes....guess what - no penalties

Cronk - ditto

As for Slater well he can knock on , throw gridiron passes, kick players the lot and nothing is called.

Good luck NSW
Mate your deluded, Ashley is a great ref.. Roosters lost fair and square.

squeeze

Juniors

Cronk - ditto

Good luck NSW

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story bro!

We deserved to lose that one but the refs gave Melbourne an edge. Who knows how it would've turned out if decisions were made based on what actually happened and not preconceived notions

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Smith has been getting away with murder for years. I just think he's crafty TBH.

Slater is definitely a protected species.

Evenflow

Bench

Cronk - ditto

Good luck NSW

2yv1h5f.jpg

Pretty sure kicking is a straight up send off, irrespective how hard, where etc.....

Lol then the storm player goes first. He was trying to make amends for his drop ball by flailing his legs everywhere in the scrum and Maloney retaliated. Either they both go or nothing.

eozsmiles

Bench
Yep Cronk is a protected species that's why he got put on report:lol:

I'm not saying he is protected or otherwise, but how do you not put someone on report for that? Even the most "protected " player in the world would go on report for that. And I'll say he'll get charged, regardless of reputation or anything else.

That incident doesn't prove anything either way.

Evenflow

Bench
Lol then the storm player goes first. He was trying to make amends for his drop ball by flailing his legs everywhere in the scrum and Maloney retaliated. Either they both go or nothing.

Lol surely you're taking the piss? The kicking motion you're talking about happens in the vast majority of scrums to try and win it against the feed. Not trying to kick players at all just trying to get the ball whereas Maloney deliberately and blatantly kicked out at the player in frustration. That said i don't think there was much in it and i don't think any action will be taken.

HoLLuS

Juniors
Lol surely you're taking the piss? The kicking motion you're talking about happens in the vast majority of scrums to try and win it against the feed. Not trying to kick players at all just trying to get the ball whereas Maloney deliberately and blatantly kicked out at the player in frustration. That said i don't think there was much in it and i don't think any action will be taken.

You can't strike at the ball until it is in the scrum so technically the Melbourne was flailing his legs around just as much as Maloney.

Danish

Referee
I'm quite certain if Slater produced a knife and stabbed a player on the field the match review committee would decree he has no case to answer.

Cronk isn't dirty, but has the "I'm awesome, therefore my mistakes aren't actually mistakes" aura where he can drop the ball and f**k up but the refs will let it go.

Smith? He's nothing short of the dirtiest player ever to lace up a boot. He invented just about every special name tackle you can think of, yet somehow he has never been suspended and barely even penalised for any of them (besides getting an almighty 1 game for trying to rip Thaiday's head clean off his shoulders like he was Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat).

I know dozens of people who have stopped going for Australia in tests because of Smith. He is such a grub that he encourages treason (which I'm sure he'd be in on himself if there were a dollar in it for him)

Evenflow

Bench
I'm quite certain if Slater produced a knife and stabbed a player on the field the match review committee would decree he has no case to answer.

Cronk isn't dirty, but has the "I'm awesome, therefore my mistakes aren't actually mistakes" aura where he can drop the ball and f**k up but the refs will let it go.

Smith? He's nothing short of the dirtiest player ever to lace up a boot. He invented just about every special name tackle you can think of, yet somehow he has never been suspended and barely even penalised for any of them (besides getting an almighty 1 game for trying to rip Thaiday's head clean off his shoulders like he was Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat).

I know dozens of people who have stopped going for Australia in tests because of Smith. He is such a grub that he encourages treason (which I'm sure he'd be in on himself if there were a dollar in it for him)

Smith got done for 2 matches and you conveniently left out that one of those was a grand final you halfwit :crazy:

Nest you wash that sand out your vagina stat, you'll feel much better. That'd have to be one of the biggest sooks I've read around here for a while and that's really saying something :lol:

Bretto

Bench

Holy shit, :lol:.

This coming from a Roosters fan is very rich. Grub central down there.

Latest posts