What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS2 Controls

sleek_greek

Juniors
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knows wat the in game controls are for the ps2 version eg wat is pass wat is kick i think u get my point !!can someone PLZ post a full list of wat every single button on the ps2 control does in this game if anyone knows thanx if u dont know throw up suggestions of wat u think a particular button does :D

Regards
sLeEkY ;-)

foetus_head

Juniors
WOuldnt have a clue but im pretty sure L1/2 and R1/2 will be pass left and right. I think the xbox will have great contols with the cool triggers it has :) I cant wait!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
sleek_greek said:
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knows wat the in game controls are for the ps2 version eg wat is pass wat is kick i think u get my point !!can someone PLZ post a full list of wat every single button on the ps2 control does in this game if anyone knows thanx if u dont know throw up suggestions of wat u think a particular button does :D

Regards
sLeEkY ;-)

Why don't you just wait 20 days for its release and find out then?

nz_kid

Juniors
x= Sprint and Tackle
L1/R2= Pass left, Pass right
O= Tackle
O + R1= Make a aggressive Tackle

I got this information out of the Australian PS2 Magizine game review

sleek_greek

Juniors
im hoping that they dont use the same style as rugby 04 and have R1 and L1 to pass left and right but to cut out pass to use R2 and L2 or just use R1 and L1 although say u want to cut out more then one person u can press say R1 twice to cut out two peple instead of holding it down longer

Jared27

Juniors
When i played the game at big boys toys, i played it on PS2 and some of the controls were:

offence:
x - sprint (tap)
L1 - R1 pass left, pass right
R2 - fend ( might be sidestep )
L2 - sidestep ( might be fend )
square, triangle, circle - kicks ( not sure which ones are which )

defence:
x - sprint (tap)
O - tackle
square - change player
R1 + O - Heavy tackle / big hit

Thats all I can remember guys.

nz_kid

Juniors
Thanks Jared27 now i can pratice the controlls so when the game comes out i will know the controlls of by heart.

The xbox contrlos are

Right Trigger = Pass Right
Left Trigger = Pass Left (should work great!)
A = Sprint
black = step
white = Palm
(rest must be forms of kicks)

and I think X and B are high and low tackle in deffence but don't quote me on that and also palm and step could be the other way around

TripleM

Juniors
doovepop said:
i wonder if there is a button to dummy

Well dummies are in the game, so I presume its something like hold down pass and another button (probably R1 or R2 or L1 or L2) to dummy..

sleek_greek

Juniors
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
The xbox contrlos are

A = Sprint
black = step
white = Palm

and I think X and B are high and low tackle in deffence but don't quote me on that and also palm and step could be the other way around

who cares mate get a fkn PS2 i said PS2 controls not fkn SHITBOX!! :evil:

locksley

Juniors
PS2 Controls are:

Attacking

L1/R1 - Pass left/right (Hold for longer passes)
L2 - Fend
R2 - Sidestep
X - Sprint/Tackle bust
O - Punt downfield (Hold to go into "Matrix" mode, position arrow then release to kick)
TRIANGLE - Bomb (Hold to go into "Matrix" mode, position arrow then release to kick)
R1 + O - Grubber Kick (Hold to go into "Matrix" mode, position arrow then release to kick)

Also:

L1/R1 + SQUARE - Dummy Left/Right (These are really COOL and work well)

Defence

X - Sprint/Build up aggression
O - Tackle
SQUARE - Change Player
R1 + O - Heavy Tackle (Watch you don't build too much agression up though, otherwise head highs and spear tackles occur)

Believe me, after a couple of minutes these controls feel natural and very solid! A Job well done by Sidhe.

Just to let you know, I've not gone away or anything, I've been really really busy lately and I'm still struggling to sort my video card out. I haven't given up hope though. I'm supposed to be getting a new video editing program this week, hopefully, that'll work and I'll put more movies up next week!

Thanks for your patience

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
sleek_greek said:

Regards
sLeEkY ;-)

Why don't you just wait 20 days for its release and find out then?

Give him a break pepstar, why didnt we just all wait seven years and find out on the release date...why did we ever create these forums?

MD

Caged Panther

First Grade
sleek_greek said:
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
The xbox contrlos are

A = Sprint
black = step
white = Palm

who cares mate get a fkn PS2 i said PS2 controls not fkn SHITBOX!! :evil:

well as a xbox owner I am glad he posted the controls for xbox here. So if you dont like it go and get stuffed.

Latest posts