What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Transport to ANZ Stadium

Still..it is ANZ Stadium which looks awful any less than 45,000 people in it. That said the free train might get me to 1-2 neutral games. I prefer SFS though!

I thought you were too busy jetting around the world in your private jet..
A jetsetter like you has no time to attend footy games.

PaulyTom

Juniors
David Smith for PM.

This is the biggest thing that has happened to Sydney Sports fans in a long time. I love the 2 direct trains from central each game. That is huge for me.

Not to mention it will be free.

Kudos to the NRL . Well done

Panfas

Juniors
Express trains from Central is a fantastic idea and well overdue. The burning question is, will the same express services operate from other stations? Lets say its Canterbury v Penrith. Will Penrith be offered some express services? Will express services operate from Campbelltown for each Tigpies at ANZ

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, but it's not exactly hard to change at Lidcombe and get the sprint if you're coming from the West.

Panfas

Juniors
No, but it's not exactly hard to change at Lidcombe and get the sprint if you're coming from the West.
And its not exactly hard to change at Lidcome from trains from the city, yet that was widely accepted as a great initiative

Pierced Soul

First Grade
so does this mean i just swipe my ticket through the gates at the station or do i find a cityrail employee to open the gates?

PaulyTom

Juniors
And its not exactly hard to change at Lidcome from trains from the city, yet that was widely accepted as a great initiative

It is a pain in the arse. I live in rosebery , I have to take a bus to central or redfern then a train to lidcome and then another train to the stadium.

3 forms of transport is excessive to go to a home game.

franklin2323

Immortal

No but 10-15mins saved by not having to stop Seven Hills,Westmead and all from Parra. Might make it worth going travel especially weeknight is a factor on the crowd attending. Parra and Tigers are having games there also

JonnoM

Juniors
Still..it is ANZ Stadium which looks awful any less than 45,000 people in it. That said the free train might get me to 1-2 neutral games. I prefer SFS though!

If people decide to turn up,then we will have 45,000 people at many games.
There were 2 non-final games at ANZ last year that attracted over 50,000,and both games provided a great atmosphere.
The NRL should aim for at least 5 blockbuster regular season games over the 45,000 in 2014,

georgesnmith

Juniors
changing at lidcombe was a major hassle, it added around 20 mins compared to direct from strathfield

how they were encouraging people to use public transport when often there were no direct trains baffles me

Haffa

You obviously haven't had the displeasure of catching to the train from anywhere west. It can sometimes add 30 minutes to your trip each way.

When I used to get the train from Richmond. I'd have to stop at Blacktown then get another train going to Lidcombe and cop the same on the reverse. Add on the fact that the trains are all stops.

Parra

Referee

It stinks for all the good reasons outlined.

Would make sense to know where the fans are travelling from - good chance most are coming from west, not central.

innsaneink

Referee
I think its quite difficult to alter the timetable for one off train runs.
Has too many flow on effects to ensuing services...I may be wrong tho

Im guessing the express services from the city mentioned will be regular to the timetable each week

Parra

Referee
No doubt.

But it shows why the touted public transport links to Olympic Park are considered over rated by most people. This goes back before the Olympics - the joke of having to transfer at Lidcombe.

It's the NSW government way - do it half arsed and talk it up.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
How do the thousands of people that work @ CBA and Samsung HQ at Sydney Olympic park get to work every day ?

must be nice to have a multi million $$ train station and no trains

God-King Dean

Immortal
The public transport to ANZ Stadium is a f**king disgrace.

I had to pay $10, $10 f**king dollars to get a train ticket. I had to figure out which train get on, there's 3 bloody platforms - I sat here for an hour trying to figure out which one goes to Homebush; apparently you have to know higher maths to get there. When I finally figured it out, I had to wait, wait 10 minutes for it to arrive.

When the train arrived after seemingly an age, I sat down, & after 30 minutes of sitting, my butt got sore. Clearly, the geniuss at CityRail didn't even consider putting cushions on the seats for our comfort.

As I'm arriving, the voice over bitch (sounds like Gretel Killeen, so I assume she's a bitch) tells us that we have to get off at Libcombe for the stadium service. What the f**k man!? Surely decades ago they would have thought that there might be a stadium in that direction, & designed the line to where said possible stadium is. Idiots.

I get off the train muttering, when I am confronted...... by stairs. That's right, stairs. About 30 of em. I thought I was going to the footy, not bootcamp. After I finished vomiting, I get to the required platform, I see I have to wait - again - for 3 f**king minutes.

It was busy as hell on the second train, I had to sit next to someone! I think this was Australia, not Auschwitz.

Get off at Olympic Park, I am confronted by more stairs. But I buckle up, knowing that my ordeal is over. I get to the top, & I see it in the distance, ANZ Stadium - the only problem is, the distance is about 800 METRES AWAY WHAT THE f**k!? I DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD TO BE A KENYAN, TO WATCH SOME GODDAMN FOOTY!

Clearly, Dave Smith doesn't give a damn about the fans. And don't think Tony Abbott the right wing dog isn't partly responsible for this.

Latest posts