What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pubs to Watch Grand Final in Melbourne

Jerry76

Juniors
Hi Guys, I'm a Parra fan who booked a trip Melb tfor his w/e about 3 months ago and am looking for a good pub to watch the Final in. Are there any good ones near to Parliament Square which is where I am staying? Also are there any Parra fans here going to a pub in city?

Lambretta

First Grade
Hey Jerry

Lamb from ITM here

Glad you found these forums.
Fightirish has given a great suggestion - thanks for helping him out.

Also check in the Melbourne Storm forums as the people there will no doubt help point you in the right direction.

Good luck watching the game in "enemy" territory (and I use the word enemy in the nicest possible way)

Enjoy the game.

greenhat

Juniors
http://www.leagueofourown.net/

Its a league watching group in Melbourne. They are a really friendly bunch and will be full of help if you contact them.

They've got a big event on for the grand final too, with Tommy Raudonikis and and Artie Beetson. Costs $45 but includes food and a few drinks. They get a special satellite feed and a giant projector screen so its the only place in Melbourne you'll be able to watch the NSW cup and u20s grand finals, and the only place you'll be able to watch the after game presentations and interviews (channel 9 Melbourne has daytime movies on until just before the NRL GF and then cuts straight to the news at full time). It should pack out the pub and be a fantastic atmosphere I'd imagine, with plenty of parra supporters.
The pub is called the Limerick Arms, which is 20 minutes on a tram away (number 1 or 112) that stops literally at the front door.

This is the melbourne public transport site, for planning tram trips and whatever.
www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/

Last edited:

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
http://www.leagueofourown.net/

Its a league watching group in Melbourne. They are a really friendly bunch and will be full of help if you contact them.

They've got a big event on for the grand final too, with Tommy Raudonikis and and Artie Beetson. Costs $45 but includes food and a few drinks. They get a special satellite feed and a giant projector screen so its the only place in Melbourne you'll be able to watch the NSW cup and u20s grand finals, and the only place you'll be able to watch the after game presentations and interviews (channel 9 Melbourne has daytime movies on until just before the NRL GF and then cuts straight to the news at full time). It should pack out the pub and be a fantastic atmosphere I'd imagine, with plenty of parra supporters.
The pub is called the Limerick Arms, which is 20 minutes on a tram away (number 1 or 112) that stops literally at the front door.

This is the melbourne public transport site, for planning tram trips and whatever.
www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/
What greenhat said. :D

Either that or Edihad Stadium.

fluidOz Bar

Juniors
Hi there Guys and Girls,
just thought I would drop a line saying that we are showing the Grand Final.
we are located at 450 Elizabeth Street Melbourne 3000 on the corner of Franklin Street.
We have imparja, 3 meter projector and will be showing with sound.
hope to see you here

Darren

The Business

Juniors
Hi Guys, I'm a Parra fan who booked a trip Melb tfor his w/e about 3 months ago and am looking for a good pub to watch the Final in. Are there any good ones near to Parliament Square which is where I am staying? Also are there any Parra fans here going to a pub in city?
The Elephant and Wheelbarrow on Bourke St.

That's where I watched a few games during my three years down there.

Hi there Guys and Girls,
just thought I would drop a line saying that we are showing the Grand Final.
we are located at 450 Elizabeth Street Melbourne 3000 on the corner of Franklin Street.
We have imparja, 3 meter projector and will be showing with sound.
hope to see you here

Darren

My Mexican brother in law said this is the place to watch it.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
This one was sent to all the current Storm members via the members' online newsletter:

MELBOURNE STORM NRL GRAND FINAL TWEETUP
The Melbourne Storm are hosting the first ever NRL Tweet Up!
What’s a Tweet Up? I’m glad you asked.
A Tweet Up is an event where the Storm’s proud and passionate Twitter followers get together to talk all things Storm, Twitter and Social Media.
And while we’re at it, we’ll watch the NRL Grand Final together at the home of the Melbourne Storm, AAMI Park, and who knows where the conversation will go once the game has started!
There will be special guests and some great prizes to be won, and you’ll also be able to have your photo taken with the 2010 World Club Challenge Trophy. When you’ve had your photo taken, why not show your followers via Twitpic?
And before the big clash begins, you’ll be given your chance to tell the Club what you would like from your Melbourne Storm social media experiences in 2011.
How good is that!
Bu you must be a member of the Storm Twitter community to attend, so if you're not, sign up now. Go to www.twitter.com/MelbStormRLC and follow us!
If you've never been to "The Bench" before, then you'll really enjoy the experience. There are plenty of TV's scattered around the room so there isn't a bad seat in the venue, much like the stadium itself! And there will be plenty of food and drink for sale whether you just want a nibble or something a bit more substantial.

Tweet Up Details:
• NRL Grand Final Day, Sunday, October 3
• 3.30-8.00pm (Game starts at 5.00pm)
• Pre-game activities (3.30-5.00pm)
o Guest speakers
o 2011 Social Media Experience Discussion
o First and last try scorer, and man of the match draw
• Half-time
o Hand out first try scorer winner prizes
• Full-time
o Hand out last try scorer and man of the match winner prizes
o Wrap and thank you
• Official Tweet Up hashtag #mstweetup
Cost - $10 includes:
• Entry to “The Bench” (located on the Northern Forecourt of AAMI Park)
• 2010 Melbourne Storm poster
• $10 Rugby Fever voucher
• Photo opportunity with the 2010 World Club Challenge Trophy
So what are you waiting for, click HERE, register your details and be a part of rugby league Twitter history!

beercoaster

Juniors
Last time I was in Melbourne the Mountain View hotel in Bridge Road, Richmond catered for League & Union.
It's towards Punt Road opposite a hospital.

meltiger

First Grade
My Mexican brother in law said this is the place to watch it.

Never heard of this mob but trust your families opinion, if they are using Imparja to show FNF next year will definitly check them out.

To the OP, if not the above suggestion -

• Rising Sun Hotel (Sth Melbourne) if you want to watch it with Dragons fans
  • AAMI if you want to watch it with Storm delusionals bitching about how they should have been there
  • Limerick Arms if you want to watch with a cross section of fans
I'd be staying the hell away from AAMI personally, either of the other two options are good. The MBDS (Melb Based Dragons Supporters) are a good group of guys. Although if Easts win the atmosphere may not be great post game understandably.

Jordan

Juniors
The Limerick Arms is pretty good. They're playing the lead up games as well as they'll have the imparja feed going.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I watched a game at the Rising Sun once, didn't like it. Saw three fights and one guy essentially pass out in the middle of the door near the bar within the first hour of being there. Trying to decide between the Limerick Arms or having mates around my place to watch it.

I watched a game at the Rising Sun once, didn't like it. Saw three fights and one guy essentially pass out in the middle of the door near the bar within the first hour of being there. Trying to decide between the Limerick Arms or having mates around my place to watch it.

Nothing like passionate fans...:?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

was that rising sun south melbourne or rising sun richmond?

i could understand that happening at RS richmond... infact, if it was only three fights, it was a quiet nite...

Latest posts