What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy Turbo or Latrell Mitchell

Who's better?

• Tom Trbojevic

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • Latrell Mitchell

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

KOMORI

Bench
To throw in an almost irrelevant, yet somehow poignant statistic into the debate...

The last time that Tommy Turbo lost a game, St George were still in their mid/late season choke :joy:

TheFrog

Coach
To throw in an almost irrelevant, yet somehow poignant statistic into the debate...

The last time that Tommy Turbo lost a game, St George were still in their mid/late season choke :joy:
Yet to lick the unwiped anus of defeat in 2019.

Tommy gets in everything, every week, on both sides of the ball. He'll eventually win Manly a comp if he keeps healthy.
...and if the Roosters don't poach him.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Bad guy NRL won’t let good guy Tom take a pay cut that he asked for.

The NRL has rejected a request by Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic to take a $750,000 pay cut in the salary cap over the next two years as a gesture of good faith.
The Sea Eagles fullback, who has been plagued by injuries over the past five years, applied to reduce his $1.15 million salary by almost a quarter after he was sidelined for two months following a hamstring injury against the Dolphins back in round 10.
image.jpg

Play Video

NRL Highlights: Tigers v Sea Eagles - Round 25

NRL Highlights: Tigers v Sea Eagles - Round 25

Play video
10:31

NRL Highlights: Tigers v Sea Eagles - Round 25​

Craving gold medallist was denied in Paris

The Wests Tigers host the Manly Sea Eagles in Round 25 of the 2024 NRL Premiership at Leichhardt Oval, Sydney.
Burdened by the knowledge that he had played just 28 games in three seasons for the club to that point, Trbojevic approached Manly powerbrokers about taking a significant pay cut – a gesture of goodwill he believed would alleviate some pressure at the club and rid him of the guilt he was feeling for missing so many games.
However, the NRL salary cap auditor rejected the proposal on the grounds allowing a player to take a voluntary pay cut would set a dangerous precedent, and might encourage rival clubs to pressure their players to do likewise to create salary cap space.
Advertisement

Trbojevic wanted to repay the club for keeping faith in him through several injury setbacks and requested the money to be used to either sign external talent, reward internal players who were underpaid or help players secure contract extensions.
Manly officials applied to the NRL on behalf of Trbojevic, who told both the club and his management he wanted to relinquish a significant portion of his salary.
Tom Trbojevic on his way to the try line on Thursday night against the Tigers.

Tom Trbojevic on his way to the try line on Thursday night against the Tigers.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS
A Manly official, who declined to comment citing respect for Trbojevic, confirmed the fullback had approached the club seeking a pay cut.
Included in the proposal was Trbojevic’s intention to move from fullback to centre as a bid to alleviate the stress on his body that may have contributed to his injuries.

Advertisement

The average salary for a top-five centre in 2024 is $855,000, significantly less than the $1.15 million a season Trbojevic stands to earn until his contract expires at the end of 2026.

Fangs

Coach
Bad guy NRL won’t let good guy Tom take a pay cut that he asked for.

The following is not an accusation but just an idea for the movie script I'm currently writing.

In theory, he could just distribute the money privately amongst the players. The same way that Souths could have done it with Jack Wighton and Latrell Mitchell (These two are also in my movie script).

yobbo84

Coach
The following is not an accusation but just an idea for the movie script I'm currently writing.

In theory, he could just distribute the money privately amongst the players. The same way that Souths could have done it with Jack Wighton and Latrell Mitchell (These two are also in my movie script).
Or when your non-salary capped coach also has his son in the same team... plenty of ways to write that script!

Generalzod

Immortal
I’m certain all you guys will voluntarily hand back your paycheques, I do it all the time I say to my boss hey boss I haven’t meant my quota I think I should hand back half my pay cheque…

Danish

Referee
Why would you, probably got his own room now Jett has gone to NZ. Mary gets her choice of top or bottom bunk if she sleeps over.

plus he has his pick of the litter from his sister’s TikTok dancing mates whenever Mary is abroad

Reading back over the thread so many people were saying Turbo wouldn’t be the best player in his family. Has a promising player ever ended up as plod as Jurbo did?

Danish

Referee
The "Burgii Bundle" I believe was the working title

I’m pretty sure Luke was just random northerner they kidnapped to bump up the burgii salaries.

Either that or it was Julie in a wig and one those muscle outfits kids wear