What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PURA CUP A FAILURE

balmainbenny

Juniors
Who watches this boring, shitty competition??
It brings no joy to anybody. The players are overpaid for the crowds they get.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Overpaid?

I'd wager you wouldn't even know what they earn or what 9 pays for the rights. Also, what does ING pay to sponsor it?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Last year the better players were on about $70K or $80K, not sure if they are all on that type of money.

I dont really understand where your coming from Balmainbenny, I'd love to be able to watch the best junior cricketers in the country, if I lived a bit closer to hte GABBA, (its worth the drive for a test match tho).

I know that they will never show it on TV, although I seem to remmember watching some sessions a long time ago (about 20 years or so).

If they just showed an afternnon sessions of the match of the round, of ever late night highlights, I reckon they would get a good ratings.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If they have the god damm rights why dont they show it. I mean at least one game a week wouldnt hurt, even the final.

Timbo

Staff member
Because the domestic crowds of 200 lead them to believe it wouldn't be a ratings winner. I emailed them shortly after C7 went bust, they confirmed they had the rights but they'd decided against showing it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
But if its in the local area, then it shouldnt be shown. But it should be shown outside, like the cricket coverage on Channel 9. C'mon at least the final should be shown.