What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple haze

The Tank

Bench
THERE was a scene at Melbourne Storm training recently that would have been almost unthought of when the club was set up more than a decade ago.

It was a day when the Storm's first-grade squad, which had been forced to train at an unusually late hour because of promotional duties, the under-20s squad and the newly formed under 18s, were all on the ground at its base of Princes Park at the same time.

So there, at the home of the Carlton Football Club, was a field of AFL dimensions full of rugby league players — around 90 or so as well as coaching and support staff — trampling on the famed grass. It made a stark change from the days, not so long ago, when the club consisted of a National Rugby League squad of about 30 players and a Brisbane-based feeder team.

It prompted one Storm official to declare: "We're a real footy club now."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/storms-purple-haze/2009/03/09/1236447132294.html

What a f**king awesome article!

Cloud9

I bet the journalist (Stathi Paxinos) is a storm supporter.
He reports a lot about the club.

stormysally

Juniors
Stathi is a really cool guy ive met him once and congratulated him
i agree with stormchaser it makes me wanna cry its so good to read somthing good about the club