What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purtell gone for 3 months

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
heard on teh radio tonight that A Purtell is out up to 3 months with some vain problems in his legs?

who would they put in now?

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Well those guys on ABC radio where talking about it &pm last night, I forget what the injury was called but apparently steve Waugh had it and its pretty serious

If they f**k around with the makeup of the team this close tot he game when the team was going reasonably well imma be pissed off, they've got backs in premier league that can cover the position.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not what we needed, hopefully we bring up Cross or some other promising centre rather than Best or Howell.

Far as Im aware Best and Howell are still out injured , I hope he also promotes a young guy , either Cross to the centres or Campo to the 3/4 line with Herbert to 5/8.

skeepe

Immortal
Purtell has Deep Vein Thrombosis. The reason he'll be unavailable for so long is they have to use blood thinners to treat it. It looks like it will be Campese to the centres, Withers to the halves, Hinchcliffe to hooker.

skeepe said:
Purtell has Deep Vein Thrombosis. The reason he'll be unavailable for so long is they have to use blood thinners to treat it. It looks like it will be Campese to the centres, Withers to the halves, Hinchcliffe to hooker.

I dont mind Hinchcliffe coming into the team at hooker but Im not keen on Withers playing in the halves. He just doesnt have that organisational skills needed IMO. Prefer Withers to stay at hooker with Hinchcliffe coming off the bench.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
skeepe said:

I fear that may be the case, don't see point in breaking up Campese/Dobson combo with the inclusion of Withers. Brad Cross to the centres would be my choice, however there may be salary cap implications to consider as well.

legend

Coach
Damn Carney and his stupidity! THings like this happen and to have your star player benched because of stupidity is going to cost us big time!

Edwahu

Bench
I dont think Withers has played 5/8th for us, has he?. He wont have to do much organizing with Dobbo in the side either and his running game is his strength. This could work well IMO.

June 02, 2007
CANBERRA Raiders centre Adrian Purtell will be sidelined for up to three months after being diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis.
A Raiders physiotherapist discovered a lump near Purtell's groin and subsequent tests have confirmed the bad news.
He has withdrawn from Canberra's squad to take on the Gold Coast at Carrara tomorrow.
Pivot Terry Campese will replace Purtell, with hooker Lincoln Withers moving to five-eighth.
Second-rower Glen Turner is also in doubt with a back complaint, but will travel to the Gold Coast with the 18-man Raiders squad.
AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21836419-23214,00.html
  • just got this off the fox sport website

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
I rate Hinchcliffe off his few games and he seems to have a good eye for reading the play.
Withers may have a shocker and drop plenty of balls though he might turn up and be damaging in defense and attack.

We need LLR to have a great game if he plays.

Latest posts