What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push is on by younger guns

wobbegong

Juniors
Karlos Filiga. Step up son!
This kid has the goods....but needs to get over his injury and improve his attitude.

Inferno

Coach
Agreed, seemed to be lazy and happy to hang out in the centres.

That said, the under 20 halves were quite average as well. Would have nice to have seen him in the Cobras when they hit some form at the back end of the season.

If he's around next year, hope they keep him in the backrow of whatever grade he's in.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes I was most impressed that night. He was head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.
Only 1% of junior footballers go on to play first grade...........maybe he's the lucky one!

Jack Bosden has a chance and so does Tohi Leha who ended up topping the list for most runs or something similar in the Toyota Cup. Being a prop he might be another year off though.

sharks8601

Juniors
Jack Bosden has a chance and so does Tohi Leha who ended up topping the list for most runs or something similar in the Toyota Cup. Being a prop he might be another year off though.

big motor on that kid
great ofload too frenzy
you are correct he toped the most hit ups

cb4

First Grade
big motor on that kid
great ofload too frenzy
you are correct he toped the most hit ups

i didnt see too many of the 20's games, but if we have all these kids who r bright prospects and possible first graders.... why did we go so sh*t??

sharks8601

Juniors
no
poor attitude aswell
but the switch of the coaches didnt help
the coach we signed from parra is a great coach and hopefully with some of the signings we have in the junior's we can crack the top 8

Special K

Coach
youngest squad in the whole 20s comp also

That and they had troubles finding a halves combo all year

sharks8601

Juniors
i was about to say that special k about us being one the youngest sides
well we had the halfback come from the dogs mid year even our backline changed allot

Vossy

Bench
I've heard that he's not only brittle, but soft. Pleading with the coach to come off after being tackled etc.

this is his first full season of league proper (so i heard)..his body isnt ready to handle the pressure of NRL footy, he needs time to develop and adapt to it

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
i didnt see too many of the 20's games, but if we have all these kids who r bright prospects and possible first graders.... why did we go so sh*t??

These kids came from everywhere. There'd hardly be 2 or 3 that had ever played together for any length of time I wouldn't think. Although quite a few are good individually the coach seemed to have little idea on how to turn a team of stars into a star team.

Keep them together they'll be 100% better on the next go around

spider

Coach
Although quite a few are good individually the coach seemed to have little idea on how to turn a team of stars into a star team.

Keep them together they'll be 100% better on the next go around
makes you wonder why they have replaced herman for next year

and some question the NRL coach's selections...

Weaponhead

Coach
From my viewing of our Toyota Cup team we had 2 main problems.

1. No quality in the halves to produce any meaningful attacking pressure. This could well have been a coaching issue. We had some very strong performers in the forwards especially, Tohi Leha and Jack Bosden and some potential out wide in Ferguson and Orcher. The club has addressed the lack of halves in recruitment, bringing in Nic Read and Jason McGrady.

2. Running out of steam in the second half. As has been mentioned we had a young squad and this is likely to be the main reason why we were overrun in the second half. I also think there were coaching issues in our defensive structures bench rotations and lack of intensity.

As has been mentioned, there are some individuals who played well but as a team we were quite ordinary. If we can get 2 or 3 regular first graders out of that squad then it will have done it's job.

Latest posts